Going from a All Pro to a Rocktek bumper help - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
4x4 / Off-Road Tech This section contains all discussion related to taking the FJ Cruiser in Off-Road situations, 4x4 applications and any armor modifications.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 11:24 PM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Going from a All Pro to a Rocktek bumper help

I recently decided to change over my from bumper from All Pro to Rocktek. Just curious what issues I may have on install? With the hood mount latch on the All Pro will I have to mod anything for the new bumper? and other parts I may have gotten rid of for the All Pro that I might need now? Yes, this means that I will have an All Pro front bumper for sale next week I hope in SoCal. Thanks for the help and I will take all the advise I can get on the swap over.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-24-2010, 09:23 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 989 Post(s)
Garage
Re: Going from a All Pro to a Rocktek bumper help

I also have an All Pro bumper that i`m keeping by the way. I have that hood latch pc. you are talking about. I bought it new from toyota because I was going to try to make a better hood latch than all pro but it wouldn`t clear the winch. It cost me $54 i`ll sell you mine for $25. Where in So Cal are you? If your interested there may be some shipping involved if you live to far away. I`m in Orange. Steve
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-24-2010, 11:05 AM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

The only thing you will need to mod (if you wanna call it that) is to slightly move the A/C line closer to the body with a relocation bracket provided by Rocktek. Do you still have the white plastic clip for the A/C line after the Allpro bumper install? To protect the line against chafing I used some 1/4" air hose and zip ties in two places. 3/8" would have fit better.
This bumper didn't require anything to be done to the hood latch.

You can see the white clip and the new shorter bracket it attaches to here:

Heres the second spot where I used some hose to prevent chafing. You may want to black out the A/C line with paint as it's very visable.

Last edited by ridn dirty; 04-24-2010 at 11:24 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-24-2010, 10:39 PM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Sanderhawk previously said: View Post
I also have an All Pro bumper that i`m keeping by the way. I have that hood latch pc. you are talking about. I bought it new from toyota because I was going to try to make a better hood latch than all pro but it wouldn`t clear the winch. It cost me $54 i`ll sell you mine for $25. Where in So Cal are you? If your interested there may be some shipping involved if you live to far away. I`m in Orange. Steve
Sanderhawk

Thanks for the hook up I can paypal you the money with extra for shipping if you are willing to send it down to San Diego? I will send you a PM with my address.

Thanks

Jeremy
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-24-2010, 10:45 PM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
ridn dirty previously said: View Post
The only thing you will need to mod (if you wanna call it that) is to slightly move the A/C line closer to the body with a relocation bracket provided by Rocktek. Do you still have the white plastic clip for the A/C line after the Allpro bumper install? To protect the line against chafing I used some 1/4" air hose and zip ties in two places. 3/8" would have fit better.
This bumper didn't require anything to be done to the hood latch.

You can see the white clip and the new shorter bracket it attaches to here:

Heres the second spot where I used some hose to prevent chafing. You may want to black out the A/C line with paint as it's very visable.

Thanks for the pics I have no issue with the A/C line I have fuel hose on my already. I will need to replace the hood latch. I am looking forward to getting this bumper on the truck.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > 4x4 / Off-Road Tech

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in