10,000LBS Superwinch $413.56 - Page 3 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
4x4 / Off-Road Tech This section contains all discussion related to taking the FJ Cruiser in Off-Road situations, 4x4 applications and any armor modifications.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 09:25 AM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Re: 10,000LBS Superwinch $413.56

Where are you finding synth rope for 180? The only $180.00 synth line I've seen is 80ft and 5/16". You really should go with 3/8" as a minimum. That is what comes on the EPi and makes it an even better deal. If you do go with Steel, always make sure to have heavy duty gloves in your FJ as well as a heavy blanket or a damper so the wire rope doesn't take out a windshield.

If you can't afford it, you can't afford it. IMHO synth is far safer to use on the trail.

2008 Ti 6MT, off-road package with a few mods.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 10:30 AM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Mr.FJT
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
FJinCO previously said: View Post
Where are you finding synth rope for 180? The only $180.00 synth line I've seen is 80ft and 5/16". You really should go with 3/8" as a minimum. That is what comes on the EPi and makes it an even better deal. If you do go with Steel, always make sure to have heavy duty gloves in your FJ as well as a heavy blanket or a damper so the wire rope doesn't take out a windshield.

If you can't afford it, you can't afford it. IMHO synth is far safer to use on the trail.
Truck Accessories and Jeep Accessories By Central 4 Wheel Drive - Smittybilt Synthetic Winch Rope - 10,000lbs

You do have a good valid point about safty. Above is the synth rope I found for 189.00 but if you call they will give it to you for 180.00. It does not say on the site what the dia is.
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 01:03 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

FJinCO did you guys ever use a snatch block with Synthetic line? Any particular block work better for it? I have only used steel.

---

ProMark Offroad 92' Recovery Winch Blue Synthetic Rope has some on sale for almost half off on amazon. 5/16th. Tiny bit smaller than the 3/8ths. $105 This might make a good extension rope.

2010 / Silver / AT 4x4
Rock 95 SuperWinch
Ricochet Skids
2" lift
Expedition One Bumper and Water Bottle
PIAA ATP lights (Floor Mounted Switch)
Interier LED lights (Green, Red and White)
ScangaugeII

Last edited by FJnBama; 08-05-2010 at 01:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 11:38 PM
Forum Master

I snatch block all the time. You don't have to worry about diameter like you do with steel. I have an ARB snatch block. It is a good idea to inspect the snatch you are using for any abrasive marks that a previous steel rope could have made.

As for that smittybilt winch line. I would stay away, it's most likely 5/16th" and thus right on the money for synth pricing. Only 10k lbs limit too, 3/8" will get you up around the 17k range.

Funny, in all the overhead rigging I do for work there are a lot of rules and standards that we must follow and different specs that rigging supplies have to meet. Vehicle recovery does not have any specs, only guidelines.

post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010, 12:24 AM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Mr.FJT
(Thread Starter)
Talking Re: 10,000LBS Superwinch $413.56

Quote:
I snatch block all the time. You don't have to worry about diameter like you do with steel. I have an ARB snatch block. It is a good idea to inspect the snatch you are using for any abrasive marks that a previous steel rope could have made.

As for that smittybilt winch line. I would stay away, it's most likely 5/16th" and thus right on the money for synth pricing. Only 10k lbs limit too, 3/8" will get you up around the 17k range.

Funny, in all the overhead rigging I do for work there are a lot of rules and standards that we must follow and different specs that rigging supplies have to meet. Vehicle recovery does not have any specs, only guidelines.
SuperWinch has a 20,000lb rated snach block that great for synthetic up to 3/8. Also an update on wich winch I went with, I bought the EPI9.0S from Amazon 730.24. Thanks for the help everyone!!!!!!!

Last edited by Mr.FJT; 08-06-2010 at 12:26 AM.
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010, 09:14 AM
Forum Master

Quote:
Mr.FJT previously said: View Post
I bought the EPI9.0S from Amazon 730.24. Thanks for the help everyone!!!!!!!
Great Choice! You will be very happy with it.

post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010, 09:23 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:

Cool. Thank you for the reply. I have a Warn from a show that I got with no marks.

Mr.FJT Congrads! Winch is some of the best insurance you can buy.

2010 / Silver / AT 4x4
Rock 95 SuperWinch
Ricochet Skids
2" lift
Expedition One Bumper and Water Bottle
PIAA ATP lights (Floor Mounted Switch)
Interier LED lights (Green, Red and White)
ScangaugeII

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > 4x4 / Off-Road Tech

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in