Winch and Stock Bumper mount on a Budget? - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
4x4 / Off-Road Tech This section contains all discussion related to taking the FJ Cruiser in Off-Road situations, 4x4 applications and any armor modifications.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to TitaniumTonka
(Thread Starter)
Winch and Stock Bumper mount on a Budget?

Sweet... winters finally here so my wheeling fun is slowing down due to snow on the local trails. so., im starting to save for a winch and stock bumper mount to get by next summer... I am curious of a few things tho, I have looked at the Lucrum winch mount and really like its structure and build, but am curious if anyone has any details on it? i have looked through the forum... and the Lucrum website but i think my computer is acting up becuase it wouldnt load details or pics. Can i get that mount in black or only silver? also... my budget is going to be roughly $1000 -$1500... what are some GOOD cheaper winches and is the synthetic winch rope better than the generic steel cable? And, finally... should i get a stouter alternator for the winch? Thanks. in advance!

2008 Silver FJ- 3" OME 885's (medium) Front, 3" Tuff Country Spacer Lift Rear, XD Series Hoss 16x8 Wheels, Airaide CAI, Jet Performance Throttle Body Spacer, Bandi mount, Cobra 25LTD CB Radio, Demello Single Hoop Winch bumper, Smittybuilt XRC-8 Winch, 285/75R16 Nitto Terra Grappler AT's. hi-lift jack, homemade hi-lift mount, tube doors, demello hybrid stage 3 kick out sliders w/ mesh insert.

SHAKE AND BAKE!
NO SACRIFICE, NO VICTORY
www.TRDParts4U.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 08:13 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to WILSON
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Winch and Stock Bumper mount on a Budget.

Lowlinkin made his own winch mount for his stock bumper. Not sure he posted a thread, but you could PM him.

I have used my winch MANY times with stock alternator and stock battery. No failures.

Synthetic winch line is stronger, lighter and safer.

Back in the Toyota family...4Runner TRD Pro Edition
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

(Thread Starter)

sweet thanks for your input... ill pm him and see what he thinks... tho im not much of a metal fabricator. haha... but ill check it out...

2008 Silver FJ- 3" OME 885's (medium) Front, 3" Tuff Country Spacer Lift Rear, XD Series Hoss 16x8 Wheels, Airaide CAI, Jet Performance Throttle Body Spacer, Bandi mount, Cobra 25LTD CB Radio, Demello Single Hoop Winch bumper, Smittybuilt XRC-8 Winch, 285/75R16 Nitto Terra Grappler AT's. hi-lift jack, homemade hi-lift mount, tube doors, demello hybrid stage 3 kick out sliders w/ mesh insert.

SHAKE AND BAKE!
NO SACRIFICE, NO VICTORY
www.TRDParts4U.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 08:22 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)

No need for a better alternator...as for a better battery that would be more of importance if your winching always. Just keep your engine running and if you have a decent battery you will have no problems.

Lucrum has a good product that is cost effective and you should be able to buy a winch for under $500. I saw a Recon waterproof/wireless remote 10.5K with synthetic line and 3yr warranty shipped to your door for $475 and thats with fairfield roller and snatch block!

Shop around...deals are all around.

Fabtech 6" 20'BBS
Cooper STT 37" M/T,2:00 spacers,Bushwhackers,Toy All pro M-1 bumper,All Pro Air Dam & sliders PIAA 540
Snorkal, Manik tailight guards,Midland 75-822, Bandi 3' fire stick, K & N filter,Locker on demand, ATrac hack, VSC & DRL switches, TRD Cat back, Scuba Mod, Garmin Nuvi, BlueSeas 6 fuse block,10.5K Recon Winch,Dual battery,leather seats,dual factory DVD players, Diamond trim, Source 10lb, Rubber mats. Swingout bumper,Mad Dog armor, EBC rotors,TRD pads,T-Rex grill,Yukon4:56
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 08:48 PM
fka BLACK HAWK

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)

i'm waiting for my black aluminum to be built... so excited!

-Steel Mount: $599.99
The Lucrum Winch Mount is the lightest and strongest Steel option available (even lighter than some Aluminum bumpers) to be able to add a winch to the FJ Cruiser, improve protection and off-road ability, all while not effecting its safety systems. Available in different configurations, the winch mount starts out weighing as little as 49 pounds and goes up to about 60. The winch mount also works with all known OEM accessories including the skid plate, brush guard, and stock bumper mounted lights. Because of the winch mounts light weight and easy compatibility it will not change or effect the vehicle ride height or suspension as other heavier bumpers do, even with the suspension left completely stock. The winch mount also features a bulletproof modular design that actually allows its main front plate to be replaced should it become to damaged or unsightly from use. This allows the customer to be able to cheaply keep the bumper and mount always looking new without paying for a new mount or bumper even after many years. Also because of the modular design, several accessories are available and can be added or taken away at anytime such as a hi-lift jack mount, light bar, and custom order brush guards.

-Aluminum mount: $849.99 (50% Pre-Order Special still available)
The Aluminum Lucrum Winch Mount is the lightest and strongest bumper option available, even more than our steel winch mounts, to be able to add a winch, protection and off-road ability, while not effecting safety systems. Available in different configurations the same as the steel, the winch mount is the light weight winner at about 30 pounds. The Aluminum winch mount also works with all known OEM accessories including the skid plate, brush guard, and stock bumper mounted lights. It will not change or effect the vehicle ride height or suspension as other heavier bumpers do, even with the suspension left completely stock. The winch mount also features a bulletproof modular design that actually allows its main front plate to be replaced should it become to damaged or unsightly from use. This allows the customer to be able to cheaply keep the bumper and mount always looking new without paying for a new mount or bumper even after many years. Also because of the modular design, several accessories are available and can be added or taken away at anytime such as a hi-lift jack mount, light bar, and custom order brush guards. WILL NOT RUST!!

-both steel & aluminum now include the D-ring tabs
-black & silver powdercoating available for both
- light bar: $249.99
- rear swing out/ tire carrier v2.0 under development

(all info is copied and pasted from there website)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

" You can't be afraid to scratch it "

Last edited by NyNomad; 11-12-2010 at 08:54 PM.
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 09:05 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to WILSON

I would spend a little bit more and get a full aftermarket bumper.

Back in the Toyota family...4Runner TRD Pro Edition
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 09:10 PM
fka BLACK HAWK

some don't have as strong of a financial backing as others

post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
FJ-Hawk previously said: View Post
i'm waiting for my black aluminum to be built... so excited!

-Steel Mount: $599.99
The Lucrum Winch Mount is the lightest and strongest Steel option available (even lighter than some Aluminum bumpers) to be able to add a winch to the FJ Cruiser, improve protection and off-road ability, all while not effecting its safety systems. Available in different configurations, the winch mount starts out weighing as little as 49 pounds and goes up to about 60. The winch mount also works with all known OEM accessories including the skid plate, brush guard, and stock bumper mounted lights. Because of the winch mounts light weight and easy compatibility it will not change or effect the vehicle ride height or suspension as other heavier bumpers do, even with the suspension left completely stock. The winch mount also features a bulletproof modular design that actually allows its main front plate to be replaced should it become to damaged or unsightly from use. This allows the customer to be able to cheaply keep the bumper and mount always looking new without paying for a new mount or bumper even after many years. Also because of the modular design, several accessories are available and can be added or taken away at anytime such as a hi-lift jack mount, light bar, and custom order brush guards.

-Aluminum mount: $849.99 (50% Pre-Order Special still available)
The Aluminum Lucrum Winch Mount is the lightest and strongest bumper option available, even more than our steel winch mounts, to be able to add a winch, protection and off-road ability, while not effecting safety systems. Available in different configurations the same as the steel, the winch mount is the light weight winner at about 30 pounds. The Aluminum winch mount also works with all known OEM accessories including the skid plate, brush guard, and stock bumper mounted lights. It will not change or effect the vehicle ride height or suspension as other heavier bumpers do, even with the suspension left completely stock. The winch mount also features a bulletproof modular design that actually allows its main front plate to be replaced should it become to damaged or unsightly from use. This allows the customer to be able to cheaply keep the bumper and mount always looking new without paying for a new mount or bumper even after many years. Also because of the modular design, several accessories are available and can be added or taken away at anytime such as a hi-lift jack mount, light bar, and custom order brush guards. WILL NOT RUST!!

-both steel & aluminum now include the D-ring tabs
-black & silver powdercoating available for both
- light bar: $249.99
- rear swing out/ tire carrier v2.0 under development

(all info is copied and pasted from there website)

thank you for your help... for somereason my computer wouldnt load any of that and still wont... ill check again later... but i am leaning towards one of these. i had looked into an Expidition One winch bumper... but after some research i learned that a guy would need to beef up the suspension to compensate the weight difference which is going to run me around $3000 im sure for the bumper and works. and... since i dont do "extreme" wheeling... im not sure that i even need the bumper... would be more for looks and i like the looks of my stock bumper... tho i am going to black it out. But thanks for your help.

SHAKE AND BAKE!
NO SACRIFICE, NO VICTORY
www.TRDParts4U.com
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 09:24 PM
fka BLACK HAWK

i'm a fan of the stock sleeper look... and not that hard core of a wheeler either..

Last edited by NyNomad; 11-12-2010 at 09:28 PM.
post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 09:29 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Garage

I want to retain the (original) look of the front so I went with the Lucrum winch mount too.

TLCA #17592
2007 FJ Cruiser 4x4 Auto Titanium Silver
Mods too long to list so I created a website www.nestahedition.com

www.Facebook.com/NestahEdition
http://instagram.com/nestahedition#

http://norcalfjs.ning.com/

"The silent force" - NestahEdition
"Don't be a So-So. Let your creativity show!"- My spouse

https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...ml#post2480798 NestahEdition March 2013 Member of the Month

http://www.fjc-mag.com/july-2013/nestah-edition - NestahEdition 07 FJ Featured on July 2013 issue

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > 4x4 / Off-Road Tech

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in