Locking your front bumper - Page 2 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
4x4 / Off-Road Tech This section contains all discussion related to taking the FJ Cruiser in Off-Road situations, 4x4 applications and any armor modifications.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-27-2010, 11:13 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Locking your front bumper

Other than welding it on or tamperproof/security nuts... I think you are at the mercy of the criminal mind. I can't imagine someone stealing a bumper from an FJ without taking the entire FJ. I guess it is possible. I have worried about my synth. winch line a few times. But, if I tried to secure everything down on my FJ, I would go bonkers. I barely manage to keep track of my wheel lock key.

I found out a long time ago... if you make something harder for a thief to steal, they will just do more damage.

2007 FJ 6MT black -n- black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-28-2010, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Cool thanks for all of the advice guys. Ill just put the bolt back on and hope for the best.

2007 FJ 6MT
Mods: TRD intake | Icon Stage 1 lift | Light Racing UCAs | Front diff drop | 285/70/17 Firestone Destination M/Ts | Trail-Gear Sliders | Demello single-hoop front bumper | In-cabin Scuba Mod | Gobi Stealth Roof Rack and Ladder | CB radio

Hook'em!
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-28-2010, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
albuquerqueFJ previously said: View Post
I have the same front bumper but with a Warn winch, extra lights ect, for protection I have a Viper alarm with remote paging. I added an additional shock sensor in the engine compartment and set it up to where if a rachet even slightly bumps my front bumper the alarm goes off! I also added a motion sensor to the alarm too! If my FJ moves up or down even by 1 degree it sets the alarm off, this prevents anyone from having enough time to even try to steel my wheels...
An alarm with remote paging that is properly set up is the best defense.. Once the alarm goes off it triggers the little pager on your key ring which in turns gives you enough time to get out there with a gun! The only thing that is going to stop someone from taking whats yours IS YOU! Everything else, a good theif will be able to get passed.... I also have 3 horns hooked up to my alarm and 3 blue lights too... At night the inside of my FJ looks like a damn disco, and when the alarm goes off it will wake everybody up within a 5 block radius
Thats a pretty intense sounding system you got there. How much did the entire thing cost you?

2007 FJ 6MT
Mods: TRD intake | Icon Stage 1 lift | Light Racing UCAs | Front diff drop | 285/70/17 Firestone Destination M/Ts | Trail-Gear Sliders | Demello single-hoop front bumper | In-cabin Scuba Mod | Gobi Stealth Roof Rack and Ladder | CB radio

Hook'em!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-28-2010, 07:24 PM
Forum Master

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

It would be easier to steal the whole FJ and strip it.

2008 VDB, 4x4, Auto, Off-Road Package, Demello sliders, ToyTec/OME lift with Bilstein 5100's, Ricochet skids, All-Pro front and rear bumpers, OEM steelies with tires by www.treadwright.com, BajaRack, BlitzPro LED's

Look us up: www.fjbruisers.org

Last edited by sephcm; 11-29-2010 at 05:46 AM.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-28-2010, 09:02 PM

Quote:
drummer22 previously said: View Post
Thats a pretty intense sounding system you got there. How much did the entire thing cost you?
A buddy of mine who is in the business does it all for me.. With that being said I only have around $450 into it! Considering I just spent $2500 on my rims and tires the $450 that I put into my alarm is a small price to pay to protect my investment..
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-28-2010, 09:07 PM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member

http://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-161-1...her-bolts.aspx

A couple of these strategically placed couldn't hurt.

-Matt
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 03:20 AM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

^^^neat. agree with everybody, it may take me a few minutes, but if i want to take your bumper off, i'll get that lock off. more importantly if i'm making to much noise, i'm going to just steal your fj. and then really strip it.

Chris

"It's lonely being a cannibal. Tough making friends."

2007 Black Diamond FJ Cruiser, Auto, 4wd, Toytec Ultimate 3" lift, Light Racing Upper Control Arms, TheToyOutfitters LCA, Procomp Series 87 Steelies Painted White, 285/75 R16 Mickey Thompson Baja Claws, Trail Gear Sliders, TheToyOutfitters Custom Front Bumper, Snorkel, Outrider Lower Link Armor
www.TRDParts4U.com
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

(Thread Starter)

Yeah good points all around. Alright, I guess I wont worry about it. Maybe look into that alarm system though

2007 FJ 6MT

Hook'em!
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 01:55 PM
Forum Superstar

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Athena Send a message via MSN to Athena Send a message via Yahoo to Athena
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
DoWork previously said: View Post
If someone really wants to steal your bumper dont make it hard to take it off. The thief will only do damage to your truck in the process if its hard....
Exactly what I was thinking.

I kind of feel that if there's no suggestions that it could happen, most likely they wouldn't think about it. As soon as you do something noticeable like the lock you currently have, it's only going to draw attention and most of all unwanted curiosity.

Intergalactic Planetary Invader of FJ Interwebz ~ EVIL TRUNK MONKEY

silly boy, gonna make you cry

^^^click it.. you know you wanna

"... I don't know if I could kill someone with a frozen turkey because that is a lot of evidence to eat .... unless I found a whole room of people who also wanted that person dead ..."
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 02:57 PM
Forum Master

Ya know, in less time, they can break the window, open the door - providing access to the door bolts - and steel your doors! Then your seats and dashboard! Then your horn!

Okay, sorry... this horse has been beaten

6-Speed, OME 3", 285/70s on Body-matched Steelies, Demello Bumper, M8000, TG Sliders, AllPro Skid, AllPro High-Clearance Tailpipe, D3, BajaRack

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > 4x4 / Off-Road Tech

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in