Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Hunting w\ fj (using winch\snatchblock)

7K views 47 replies 26 participants last post by  DirtyLittleSecret 
#1 ·
HAHAH_ Shooter used his FJ to hoist a deer to butcher it (PA archery season)...

See less See more
#5 ·
Bambi's mom\ father- they all taste the same.
Actually it was a doe from archery season harvested thursday.
Some of this one will be used at a camping wheeling trip with friends.We are going to wheel locally and check out the fall foliage as the leaves are booming here in the Poconos...
Louisville Ky- Love it there ( once lived in Etown) just visited there a few months bac- have family there...

PETA= People Eating Tasty Animals
We had some backstraps last night!!!!

#6 ·
Why not,it works., That's a young doe, maybe 95 lbs gutted and cleaned.
Bow season?

#17 ·
Yeah it was almost dark and she was with a bunch of others- presented the best shot and standing beside 2 yearlings- It was a 1.5 year old...archery ...It weighed after dressing about 125 lbs...

#8 ·
He said snatch block

Attilla

#9 ·
This makes me sad.

By the way... As if anybody cared... I quit being a vegitarian today.
I basically said, "screw the cows" they were born to be eaten haha.

#29 ·
That sounds like a good winer of some healthy tasty food- if you are a meat eater...
Sounds like you are ageing it like venison needs- congrats and the best for your group...was it a fun hunt?

#30 ·
-There are many conflicting opinions on lime disease. THe jury is stilll out for me on that one- as in high grading , I am not a biologist and want to learn more about this.
I know that almost everytime that I archery hunt in an area that has alot of deer sign and witnessed deer travel- I come home with ticks (nasty huh?)- I want to learn more about this and if deer are really th primary carriers...
Then we can talk abot CWD,and the Bovine diseases as well as ...well then again...sometimes I am not sure I want to know....
Maybe McD's will solve this issue...then there might not be any tartar...HAHAHAH!!!!- I am getting tired...g'night all...

#26 ·
It is easy stating facts...I do have a passion about a few things (wheeling,hunting,loving and living)...- I might be a little more dynamic than that but it doesn't matter...the rest of us hunters( and I can tell that it reciprocates) on the hunting forum that I talk with- as some hunters don't understand we wheelers until you state simple facts.Sometimes- you just don't understand...
BOWHUNTINGTALK.COM :: View topic - Posted
These hunters are great people but just dont share the same desire or mindset that other like I do. I can't crucify them for that and neither would you.

Here is the blog of the anti hunting friend that is struggling with her husband hutning with ZUZU Shooter and I...She was over tonight.We ate venison on the spit and she had wine and we all talked about how much we love animals and out pets- it was a great night for all to learn about each other...
blog.myspace.com/jojac
I wouldnt regularly post a friends blog but it is her public opinion and so is mine...to each thier own...
I am a littel worried about posting this on my bow site - not becasue the bow hunters would ever do anything to upset anyone but because it is not really a evaluation of reality...
Ok bored everyone to death- I need to get a job!

#34 ·
Yes you are right- it looks different cooked but I am also a fan of tar tar. Maybe I will only post pics in the future to the public boneless.
I do not want to offend anyone or play to a bad image of hunters.

#44 ·
I dislike the killing part myself...I always apologize before-hand...honestly...

Read this- this is nothing to"loose your lunch over"...
I know someone that has another opinion ( her husband has been hunting with me) but she is in a totally different galaxy than us humans with canine teeth are...

blog.myspace.com/xdamageincx

Really- read it not because I put it together but because it is backed by experts in an area that support our eco system- and hunting is a huge part of it...

#41 ·
Congrats on your hunt. I've never bow hunted, so more power to ya for your skill. Curious though, the circular saw was just in the photo, right? Or did that speed up the dressing?:ninja:

#43 ·
Hunters as a group are dwindling each and every year.
It's a tradition that parents need to pass on ...it has nothing to do with killing for the sake of it.......I have had many unsuccessful hunts that are imbedded in good time memory.
If I choose to eat wild duck, goose, turkey or deer.......and go thru the hunt to get it.......it's more than I can say than go to the store and buy a saughtered sirloin.

#45 ·
My wife cries everytime she shoots a deer or an elk. What people don't understand about hunters is they think hunters want to kill everything in sight. I hunt alot but only shoot the animal I have the permit for. I love to dove hunt but I don't shoot doves that fly in my yard. I also love to fix them on the grill wrapped in bacon. Our family goes out during the off season when nobody else is out and we watch the animals, take pictures, etc... It's great family time for us.

#46 ·
And hence the arguement that I get all of the time: How can you say that you enjoy,observe and support wildlife when you are a killer?
Well said fjlarry...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.