ARB 12V Locker Compressor Location Photos - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
4x4 / Off-Road Tech This section contains all discussion related to taking the FJ Cruiser in Off-Road situations, 4x4 applications and any armor modifications.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-31-2012, 02:31 AM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Daedalus504
(Thread Starter)
ARB 12V Locker Compressor Location Photos

I've found a few threads, both mostly, non ARB threads scattered amongst the forum search answering my question- but where have you guys located your ARB compressor for air lockers? Keep in mind, a lot of us have dual batteries (I'm assuming most of you with air lockers do also). I also need to take into account room for my cold air intake, a large main battery, and a supercharger. I saw somebody found placement near the main fuse box, it looks to be functional, and is probably where mine will end up- but since I did not see a compilation of location photos, I was wondering if you've done this mod, if you could post up the location of your compressor in your engine compartment. I'm not really looking to put the compressor in my cargo space. I enjoy keeping my FJ more luxurious in the interior.

Thanks!

"Everyone plays the hand they're dealt, and learns to walk through life themselves. Not everything in life is handed on a plate, when people think your words are true, it doesn't matter what you do. I sold my soul to get here, & how about you?" - Aaron Lewis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-06-2012, 04:02 PM

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Re: ARB 12V Locker Compressor Location Photos

This is in my 4runner, but I suspect it is similar to the FJC:

My friend made me a compressor mount for my ARB compressor. Turned out really nice. Utilized all but one factory hole.

First- just sitting it in there to check for alignment after removing the bolts that will be used:

All bolted up, took me about an hour start to finish:

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member

This works pretty well for me:

The compressor fits like a glove in this location. It was orginally mounted on the left fender well (where ARB shows it on their website) but it was really tight in there after the S/C install, so we moved it to the right. No problem with the aux battery but this mounting site would probably preclude a cold air intake. I consider the CAI more of a "bling" mod anyway so I don't have any problem foregoing it. I may go with a snorkel at some point (the true "cold air intake" (see elsewhere in the forums)), and I don't expect any interference from this compressor install with that. By the way, the mounting plate utilizes existing holes/threads in the fender well, so we didn't have to punch anymore holes in it.

AZSANDSTORMER-Slow Build

KF7LEH

2008 FJC Sandstorm, MT6, SCS F5, Cooper ST MAXX 285/75/16, Wrangler/Optima Dual Battery Setup, ARB Compressor, TRD S/C, OEM Sliders, Garvin Roof Rack, Icon Stage I, TRD QuickShifter, IMP shift knobs, Yaesu 7900R, Ricochet, MPAC, Engel 45, AT Fridge Box, Demello/Ft/Rr/Warn, LRA Aux Fuel Tank.

1986 FJ60, White, H55F, BFG, Optima Dual Battery Setup, 5.7 Vortec, ARB Front Bumper, Kaymar Rear Bumper, WKOR Sliders, 42 Gallon Gas Tank, ARB Compressor, ARB Rear Locker, Old Man Emu, Garvin Roof Rack, Yaesu 7900R, Engel 45, AT Drawers/ Platinum fridge slide.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-07-2012, 06:24 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member

Same here

Bilsteins 5100, Metal Tech Rear Long Travel, Camburgs Balljoint UCAs, Full Ricochet Skid Plates, All Pro Sliders, RESZ Fab rear LCAs , Luna Dual Battery, Cooper STT PRo 35s on 16' Mickey Thompson Classic Baja Locks, FJToyman Shock Skids, Total Chaos lower link Skids, Boztec Dif Skid, Exp1 front Diamond Bumper, Exp1 Rear Bumper with Carrier, Viper winch, Ricochet Lighted Air Dam

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > 4x4 / Off-Road Tech

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in