Any dealings with OffRoadRecovery.com?? - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
4x4 / Off-Road Tech This section contains all discussion related to taking the FJ Cruiser in Off-Road situations, 4x4 applications and any armor modifications.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 05:31 AM Thread Starter
The Laughing Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Any dealings with OffRoadRecovery.com??

I'll be the first to praise the customer service of a company when it treats me right, and I don't particularly like bashing anyone . . . . even when I typically do have the justification to do so.

But, a non-delivered accessory item order of over a month ago, a charge to my credit card, and absolutely no reponse to several weeks of numerous emails or phone messages has left me kinda cold with these guys.

Has anyone dealt with this company before and had either positive or negative experiences??

(Moderators: Feel free to move or delete this thread if you think it's inappropriate.)

Steve Bolander

'07 FJ Cruiser

TLCA #6727 / UFWDA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 06:28 AM
Forum Superstar

Location: Somewhere where I don't know where I am. Actually, the OC
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Any dealings with OffRoadRecovery.com??

i just ordered my gas can mount thingy from them on monday night. i just got the charge on my card today. i only got a confirmation email. hoping i will get a shipping email with tracking no. soon.

i hope your issue gets resolved and i hope i dont have the same issue.

2007 Sun Fusion Cruiser 5AT 4X4 SOLD
Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.

ICONs/35s/Demello
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 08:52 AM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
LandCruiserSteve previously said: View Post
I'll be the first to praise the customer service of a company when it treats me right, and I don't particularly like bashing anyone . . . . even when I typically do have the justification to do so.

But, a non-delivered accessory item order of over a month ago, a charge to my credit card, and absolutely no response to several weeks of numerous emails or phone messages has left me kinda cold with these guys.

Has anyone dealt with this company before and had either positive or negative experiences??

(Moderators: Feel free to move or delete this thread if you think it's inappropriate.)
I;m glad someone else noticed this place.

I ordered some Blitz Jerry cans, caps, Conn-Fer mounts and a spare tire mount from them. They told me they would be shipped out the next day.

After about 2 weeks I called to get a tracking number. They wouldn't give me one and only told me that they were in transit. I called and finally got hold of them (10:A mountain time is usually the best time to reach them) They told me that they don't have a warehouse and they drop ship everything. They arrived about 3 weeks later after numerous calls and e-mails.
I hope you get your stuff and keep us posted.

-Ben

Founding Father, FJ Bruisers

ARB Bull Bar & Rear Bumper, ICON Vehicle Dynamics Stage 3, Safari Snorkel, 6 lightforce 210's, Eclipse AVN GPS,DVD,CD,Sirius & B/U cam. ATX Mojave Teflon Wheels with GY Wrangler MT/R's, BajaRack, ARB Simpson II RTT, Rasta4X4 sliders & skids, T-Rex Grille, Bushwacker fender flares, Tuffy Security Drawer & cargo divider, VIAIR 450 & tank, Dirty Parts 2 Battery W/ 2 Optima YT, InPro LED marker & tail lights, custom Matte Black wrapping by RÄV Design.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 09:10 AM
Forum Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Titanium

Quote:
LandCruiserSteve previously said: View Post

But, a non-delivered accessory item order of over a month ago, a charge to my credit card, and absolutely no reponse to several weeks of numerous emails or phone messages has left me kinda cold with these guys.

Threaten them with a credit card chargeback unless they respond with a delivery date. That has always worked for me in rare cases like this. Sorry to hear of your grief.

2007 FJ - Purchased May 26/06
Color = Titanium
Tranny = Auto
Options = B-Package
Mods = OME 3" Lift, Hankook DynaPro MT 285/70/17, Expedition One Sliders, aFe CAI, Blacked out Bezel, Ellis Precision 'Naked' Battery Clamp, Ellis Precision Grab Handles, ScanGauge II, Forum Stickers!
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
The Laughing Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Titanium previously said: View Post
Threaten them with a credit card chargeback unless they respond with a delivery date.
If I could get ahold of them, I certainly would. They don't appear to be big on being contacted. No replies or acknowledgements to any emails whatsoever, and a dozen phone calls have resulted in a recorded message saying, "Voice mailbox is full . . . . Goodbye" . . . . disconnect . . . . dial tone.

Fortunately, it was just a HiLift jack handle "Isolator," but places like this concern me when contemplating a more substantial purchase, which is very unlikely to ever happen with this company.

Steve Bolander

'07 FJ Cruiser

TLCA #6727 / UFWDA
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 10:26 AM
Forum Veteran

Quote:
FlyNdrive previously said: View Post
They told me that they don't have a warehouse and they drop ship everything.
That's scary. Like a major manufacturer really gives a rats ass about being expeditious in packing up and shipping out a single gas can or two.

Thanks for the warning, they'll never see any money from me.
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 10:31 AM
Forum Regular

WOW! Glad I read this chain. I was ready to drop $700-$1000 on recovery stuff, gas cans, mounts, jacks etc... I'll have to collect this stuff elsewhere

JFiddy's Urban Assault Vehicle:
Titanium 6MT Upgrade 2, Loaded, ARB Bull Bars, IPF Fog Lamps, OME LiftKit, RealWheels NerfBars w/SS Steps, AVS WindScreens, Toyo 285/70/17 ATs on American Eagle 185 Black 17x9, AIRAID CAI, Custom Cracked Windshield
Next: ViAir onboard air system.
Later: ARB Rear Bumper.
Other: 2000 FLHRI Road King.
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 10:44 AM
Forum Veteran

They look pretty small time based on their website. I could be wrong, but the "mailbox full" message makes me think they have ONE employee. It's inexcusable.

I say we all keep calling them for LandCruiserSteve until THEY give HIM a call back. Their website also has a fax number to inundate.

"I'd like to die in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."

TreadLightly — member

Expeditioneers.com
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 11:16 AM
Forum Regular

Great thread.
I bought my recovery strap, hi-lift jack, shackles, and more for our Moab trip.
After being unable to contact them for a few weeks I had Amex cancel the order.

Total amatures, people should be warned.

A good day, is a day that ends with a St. Bernardus ABT 12
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 12:39 PM
Forum Master

Oh great-I ordered the gas cans from them 1-2 weeks ago and have not recieved it or heard from them-I guess I had better call too.
Thanks for the heads up

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > 4x4 / Off-Road Tech

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in