Daystar 1" front lift - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
4x4 / Off-Road Tech This section contains all discussion related to taking the FJ Cruiser in Off-Road situations, 4x4 applications and any armor modifications.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Zurn
(Thread Starter)
Question Daystar 1" front lift

Has anybody tried this yet? Just got my truck and the nose is a bit low. I think a 1" lift would fix this and I don't think the wife would notice too much if I stuck this on there. I could only find a kit for 1996-2001 4 runners, is this the same spacer? If not can somebody point me in the direction of the correct spacer? Also, if anybody's tired this can you post pictures and let me know if the helps level the truck out? I tired the search for 1" and daystar but didn't see anything. Thanks!

Black 4x4 AT
2.5" DayStar lift kit
285/70/17 Hankook Dynapro MTs
My DayStar install write up for leveling kit: https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...hlight=daystar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 11:44 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

(Thread Starter)
Re: Daystar 1" front lift

Since nobody answered I did some searching. Looks like the DayStar kit is part number # KT09117 for the 03-06 4 Runner. Does anybody know if this will effect the alignment at all? I'm going to check with my local 4x4 shop to see how much they want for an install and alignment. At $77 I think I might just go for it. I can do the install my self, I've got all the tools, just need to find out what the alignment will run. Now, how do I get $77 out of the bank without the wife noticing... If I do go for it, I'll let you guys know how it works out, I'll post some pictures and I'll try to do a write up.

Black 4x4 AT
2.5" DayStar lift kit
My DayStar install write up for leveling kit: https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...hlight=daystar
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 11:53 PM
Forum Superstar

Quote:
Zurn previously said:
Now, how do I get $77 out of the bank without the wife noticing... If I do go for it, I'll let you guys know how it works out, I'll post some pictures and I'll try to do a write up.
Just saw your post, I am interested in learning what you find out, so please update this.

As for $77. Easy. Sell your carpet mats & cargo mat, Spare tire cover, or skid plate on ebay. I've heard people are easily getting 80% of what the dealer charges for em.. Good luck and let us know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 12:19 AM

I would just get a bigger tires like (275/70-17) Or (285/65-17) Stock is (265/70-17) ....don't waste you money on a 1" lift. And you will almost allways need an alignment if you mess with the front end. A alignment will run 25.00 to as much as 75.00 depends on who does it.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 07:36 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

(Thread Starter)

I think you might have missed the point; I want the 1" lift to try and level the truck out a bit. I don't like the rake look where the front sits a few inches lower than the back. I feel like I'm driving down hill all the time! Reminds me of my brothers old '03 ford lightning, the dang thing sat 3" higher in the back. We bought a drop kit and it did the front 1" and the back 4" to make the truck sit level. Some day I will get the OME 3Ē lift and some 285/70-17 (33ís) but there is no way the wife will go for that now. I just wanted to know if anybody had tried this yet, maybe on a 4 Runner?

Black 4x4 AT
2.5" DayStar lift kit
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 09:24 AM

The front end all ready looks higher than the back....... a one inch lift will just make it look funny.... the nose will be way up in the air.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 09:26 AM
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to max oden

which fj have you been looking at?
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

(Thread Starter)

Am I smoking crack? Mine sits up 3" or so higher in the back. Feels like I'm going down hill all the time. Maybe this is for better gas mileage? I know the front is higher than the back, why else would the lift kits all be a 3" fornt, 2" rear?

Black 4x4 AT
2.5" DayStar lift kit
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 02:44 PM
Forum Superstar

This is purely speculation Zurn, but you'll be just fine. Revtek and othe suspension kits are off the tacomas and 4runners. So it only makes sense that a 1" leveling kit for the 4runner works as well. Be the 1st man! You get huge props for being the 1st. Now, after reading that 33s will fit without a lift. the 1" leveling kit will only make the FJ look even better! It should n't affect ride quality at all. Only when hard braking, you may get a little nose diving. YOu'd be surprise, but that 1" will make the FJ's appearance drastic. It will look bigger and brawnier, esp with the 33" tires. What have you got to lose? If it doesn't fit, then just remove the parts and return them. If it does, you'll be inducted into the FJ Cruiser Forum Hall of Fame! Think of the kinda celebrity status you'll have then.

P.S. I'd give my left nut for an 1" more.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

(Thread Starter)
Talking Left Nut

I heard you can get $30K for a good working left nut. Maybe you could get a 2nd FJ! I'm going to order it but not for a little bit. So if somebody beats me to it let me know. I'm selling some old stereo stuff to a friend so I have to wait for him to get back in town. As soon as he does I'll order the lift and spend a day doing the install and getting the alignment. I'll take lots of pictures and try and do a write up for it. I did a 2 1/2" James Duff lift and a 2" body lift on my ' 93 explorer so this should be cake in comparison.

Black 4x4 AT
2.5" DayStar lift kit

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > 4x4 / Off-Road Tech

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in