Bud Built Skids with Re-routed Exhaust - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
4x4 / Off-Road Tech This section contains all discussion related to taking the FJ Cruiser in Off-Road situations, 4x4 applications and any armor modifications.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 03:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Bud Built Skids with Re-routed Exhaust

Guys and Gals,

Okay, I realize that this is my first post, so you'll have to cut me some slack for not having a cool avatar yet.

I have some great news for those of you who have decided to re-rout the exhaust cross over from underneath the transfer case to a position higher up adjacent to the transfer case.

My concern was that if I did this mod, in order to get the exhaust out of the way, it wouldn't make much sense to then turn around and put on a skid plate set that hangs down low to protect the stock exhaust.

I just got off the phone with Bud and he is going to custom build my skids so that the tranfer case skid is now all the way up to the case and then he is also going to reshape the front of the gas tank skid so that it now meets flush with the rear of the new transfer case skid.

He said that he would re-work the computer plans and then keep them on file for those of you who have moved your low-hanging exhaust and now want a skid to cover the area.

And the BEST part is that he is going to do all of this for no extra charge!!!

So if you have moved your exhaust and now want a new skid , or if you are planning on moving your exhaust and then putting a new skid on, give Bud a call and let him know what you want and he'll be able to now make it for you.

Pretty cool, huh???!!!

2007 Voodoo Blue 4x4 AT; CQ, UP2, Roof Rack, Tow Package

Extra's: 2-inch leveling Spacer up front, nothing in back yet; Body Mount Chop, Removed Mud Flaps, Blacked-out Front and Rear Bumpers, Discoverer STT's P285/70R17 on Stock Aluminum, Magnaflow Muffler with re-routed exhaust cross-over and tailpipe tucked up, Full Set of Bud Built Skids, All Phase Rear Diff Skid, Demello Rock Sliders, K&N Air Filter, DRL's Disconnected, VSC Disconnected
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 04:00 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Bud Built Skids with Re-routed Exhaust

make more posts so you can show us pics of the re-route did you consider rerouting it behind the tcase instead of tucking it up? user mactiki also tucked it up and it got kinda hot down there
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Yea... that's what I am going to do this week... have the exhaust moved to the area to the back of the transfer case.

Extra's: 2-inch leveling Spacer up front, nothing in back yet; Body Mount Chop, Removed Mud Flaps, Blacked-out Front and Rear Bumpers, Discoverer STT's P285/70R17 on Stock Aluminum, Magnaflow Muffler with re-routed exhaust cross-over and tailpipe tucked up, Full Set of Bud Built Skids, All Phase Rear Diff Skid, Demello Rock Sliders, K&N Air Filter, DRL's Disconnected, VSC Disconnected
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 04:03 PM
Forum Master

That's good news ! It's also nice to see that you finally made a post . Now that you have started you won't be able to STOP. Bud is a heck of a nice guy and makes a great prduct. Post some photos when you get it installed.

07 FJ, At ,Upgrade #2,Toytec 1/2 FR Spacer,Auto Vent Shades,285/75/R16 Dick Cepek FC-11's on 16x8 Ultra 50/51's
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 04:12 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

I hope to have the exhaust taken care of later this week, but the Bud Built skids won't be here for another 2 weeks since he is "custom" making them for me.

I'll try to get some pics posted of the new skids installed once I get them on in 2-3 weeks.

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 04:18 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage

Something here seems to conflict...

2007 Voodoo Blue 4x4 AT; CQ, UP2, Roof Rack, Running Boards, Tow Package

On it's way: Magnaflow Muffler, 2" Leveling Kit for Front, Bud Built Custom Skids for Raised Exhaust Cross-over

Please tell me that you're losing the running boards - otherwise mother nature will mod them for you

Rick C ~ ~ I aim to misbehave. 2007 GSJ15//Ti Ag//4WD AT
My garage
Build Thread
Where Do You Want to Take Your Truck?

Upstate Cruisers
LcLC, GA Cruisers, SFC, ONSC, STLCA - guilt by association
TLCA #16667
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 04:20 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)

Quote:
TucsonFJ previously said: View Post
I just got off the phone with Bud and he is going to custom build my skids so that the tranfer case skid is now all the way up to the case and then he is also going to reshape the front of the gas tank skid so that it now meets flush with the rear of the new transfer case skid.
Welcome and yes, Bud is the best! He made the front of my gas tank skid flat as well so I could connect it up to the custom cross member skid plates and Jason is building to replace the factory cross members. The gas tank skid will be tied into the rear of the tcase cross member skid. I will also be moving my exhaust cross over... not sure where yet.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

BMTHiker,

Yea, you're right... the running boards are PoS.

I am waiting until they get ripped off by some nice Arizona boulders so that way I can post some knarly pics for all of you

Then I'll turn around and put some sweet rockrails on it.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-23-2007, 11:17 AM
Forum Regular

Quote:
TucsonFJ previously said: View Post
BMTHiker,

Yea, you're right... the running boards are PoS.

I am waiting until they get ripped off by some nice Arizona boulders so that way I can post some knarly pics for all of you

Then I'll turn around and put some sweet rockrails on it.
Sell them! I ebayed mine for 400 bucks, and bought a set of trail gear sliders for 300 shipped! I don't know if they're still going for such astronomical prices, but I certainly wouldn't just smash em'.

Voodoo Blue

Lifted and Hacked (and much more)
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-23-2007, 11:58 AM
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to RTRAC1

what I'd love to do is also re-work that factory crossmember and tuck it up another couple inches.

My rear budbuilt is already tucked up close to the transfer thanks to some New England rocks

Northeast Toyota Crawlers
'07 FJC - Towrig
'88 Zuk - Trailrig

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > 4x4 / Off-Road Tech

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in