Hi-Lift Experiences Lifting Front Bumpers - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
4x4 / Off-Road Tech This section contains all discussion related to taking the FJ Cruiser in Off-Road situations, 4x4 applications and any armor modifications.

3Likes
  • 2 Post By fairbro
  • 1 Post By Maxxmoto

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-25-2014, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to MotioncontrolMike
(Thread Starter)
Hi-Lift Experiences Lifting Front Bumpers

I have an Expedition One bumper, and I am soon to get a Hi lift jack. I was wondering, what are peoples experiences using their Hi-Lift jacks on their front or rear bumpers? What products are you using in conjunction with the Hi-Lift to ACTUALLY lift your front bumper?

I realize that Hi-Lift makes their accessory “bumper Lift” (BL250) to make this more amenable/safe, but when I consider my Expedition One bumpers' design-and how it curves downward- I am unsure this will actually help do the job: Hi-Lift Bumper Lift (BL-250) - Equip Your Jack to Lift Curved Bumpers | Hi Lift Jack Company.

I would be especially keen to hear from real experiences from Exp One owners… 

Cheers,

Mike

(BTW, this is excluding lifting suggestions involving sliders, which with Rocktek’s gadget, makes that an easy job.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-26-2015, 03:43 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Hi-Lift Experiences Lifting Front Bumpers

Not sure if this helps but my ARB has 2 square hole from the factory in it. Shove in the high lift & i was good to go.

[SIGPIC]07 Sun fusion MT 887X OME Bilstein 5100 TRD short throw shifter Overhead console MOD TRD intake, ARB front & red eye rear bumpers Flow master CAT back EXH 9500 Engo Winch Demello Hybrid sliders Snorkel lefty T case
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-26-2015, 04:16 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Supporting Member

I have holes in the front of my E1 Kodiak bumper that work nicely with the high-lift - indeed, that's why they are there. No need for special adapters. This is a pic from their website where you can clearly see the mounting points for a high-lift on either side of the E1 logo.

2010 AT 4x4 Silver Fresco Metallic

Adventure Trailers:Alpine:ARB:Bandi:BAMufflers:Blue Sea Systems:Bluetorch Fabworks:BudBuilt:Bushwacker:Bussmann:Clarion: Clazzio:Cobra: DB Customz: DeMello: Department of the Interior: Dirty Parts: DreamConceptz:Ellis Precision:Expedition One:Firestik:Garvin Industries:Hayden Automotive:Hella:Hopkins:Husky:ICON:Kenwood:Kicker :Lifetime LED:Man-A-Fre:Metal Tech:Nitro:Nitto:PIAA:Polk Audio:ProComp:Raingler:RAM:Richochet:Rigid Industries:RCI Metalworks:ScanGauge:Springtail Solutions:Superwinch:Tekonsha:Trailworx:Tuffy:Unic hip:VDO:Vision X:WeatherTech ... it never ends.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-26-2015, 04:57 PM
A-Team Moderator

Mentioned: 113 Post(s)
Quoted: 2669 Post(s)

I just bought this kit, an E-1 Kodiak and their sliders, plus the Rocktec adapter.

Thanks for the info Fairbro! I didn't see that, nor do they mention it in their ad.

http://www.amazon.com/Hi-Lift-X-TREM...%22+xtreme+ork

2011 NSSE

トヨタ

Last edited by Hannibal; 03-26-2015 at 05:08 PM. Reason: fix link
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-26-2015, 05:01 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Garage

The Hi-Lift BL250 is a viable option, as is the LM-100 Lift Mate accessory. I have the LM-100 and a rock rail adaptor for my jack, so I'm pretty well covered right now. I am considering a BL250 in the future, just because it's good to have several different options when using the Hi-Lift, not just for lifting the truck, but for trailside repairs, rescue Ops, or any situation that might arise out on the trail a long ways from help or other options.
Hannibal likes this.

Cheers!
Maxxmoto

2008 Sandstorm AT~TRD CAI~TRD Cat Back exhaust~Auto Start~Seat heaters~Fuzzy Homemade Armrest Critter Things~Garmin Nuvi 1490LMT GPS~A Few Cool FJ Emblems~LED tail lights & front corner lights~4Crawler 1.25" body lift kit & Body Mount Chop~Toytec 3" ultimate lift kit~All-Pro 4130 UCAs~All-Pro Apex Sliders~Moto Metal MO957 matte black 17x9 wheels~305/70R17 Goodyear MT/Rs with Kevlar~Spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers

My Build: https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...-makeover.html

The FJ Sees ALL!!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-26-2015, 06:44 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Garage

I ordered the E1 Kodiac as well, though it has not been delivered yet. One of the reasons I chose this bumper was because it had hi-lift jack points designed into it. Indeed, as Fairbro said, those two holes on each side of the winch faring are what you're looking for. This design feature IS listed on the E1 website found here:

Expedition One Kodiak Front Bumper

2007 Titanium Silver FJC
2013 Sterling Grey Metallic Shelby GT500
2014 Redline Red Lexus CT200 Hybrid

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > 4x4 / Off-Road Tech

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in