Crawl Control parts list - Page 21 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
4x4 / Off-Road Tech This section contains all discussion related to taking the FJ Cruiser in Off-Road situations, 4x4 applications and any armor modifications.

49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #201 of 224 (permalink) Old 02-11-2018, 03:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Re: Crawl Control parts list

Quote:
Heliguide previously said: View Post
Wow..Awesome Steve! If that is the case.. And you can reflash the ecu as long as it's not across Vehicle types .. Then it might just pull this mod out of the dead zone lol.. If one of those tech guys can help with the cause.. Might be do-able

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
Tony, when you installed Techstream Lite it installed a Calibration updater wizard. The thing I am trying to figure out is if these cheap cables will work with it or not. I think I remember seeing somewhere that you need a different cable to be able to flash ecus. The cheapest "official" cable I saw was about $400. Then all you would need is a calibration file from TIS. Still cheaper than a new ECU. Time to go hangout at the dealership with some beer, haha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #202 of 224 (permalink) Old 02-11-2018, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
gilpinbrewer previously said: View Post
Tony, when you installed Techstream Lite it installed a Calibration updater wizard. The thing I am trying to figure out is if these cheap cables will work with it or not. I think I remember seeing somewhere that you need a different cable to be able to flash ecus. The cheapest "official" cable I saw was about $400. Then all you would need is a calibration file from TIS. Still cheaper than a new ECU. Time to go hangout at the dealership with some beer, haha.
I'll definitely look into that.. For sure

2014 Iceberg, Rear E-locker front ARB air locker 4.88 Yukon gears , A-trac, Demello aluminum front bumper, Front sway bar disconnects Smittybilt X20 10k lb winch with Factor 55 thimble, ICON Extended travel front / rear with ICON Overland springs ICON tubular UCAs ICON billet aluminum rear LCA Viair OBA system
Total Chaos spindle gussets , BudBuilt front skid, Budbuilt mid skid ,Allpro sliders, Fuel Anza wheels, anthracite w/black beadlocks, Amazeing hood decal BFG 35x70x17 km2 cool stickers
post #203 of 224 (permalink) Old 02-14-2018, 09:36 AM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
I'll definitely look into that.. For sure

So I pulled the calibration code from a fj with CC.. Just need to compare it to mine and see if I find it on TIS to try a reflash Calibration code is F152635390 for ABS VSC TRAC

2014 Iceberg, Rear E-locker front ARB air locker 4.88 Yukon gears , A-trac, Demello aluminum front bumper, Front sway bar disconnects Smittybilt X20 10k lb winch with Factor 55 thimble, ICON Extended travel front / rear with ICON Overland springs ICON tubular UCAs ICON billet aluminum rear LCA Viair OBA system
Total Chaos spindle gussets , BudBuilt front skid, Budbuilt mid skid ,Allpro sliders, Fuel Anza wheels, anthracite w/black beadlocks, Amazeing hood decal BFG 35x70x17 km2 cool stickers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #204 of 224 (permalink) Old 02-14-2018, 01:23 PM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 382 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
fabricgator previously said: View Post
Not to be morbidly hovering over the obituaries trying to find a rent controlled apartment in Manhattan...

But when a member reports that they were in an accident and the General is going to total their cc vehicle, one of us who has an interest and a barn, could try to arrange for delivery from the insurance company. Then pick apart the bones at leisure. Most probably recoup the investment by sending whats left off to the scrapper or possibly turn a profit by parting out themselves.
Actor, Luke Wilson had a wreck last night. Maybe it had CC.

"I can confirm Luke Wilson was driving the vehicle, the Toyota FJ that was travelling northbound."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/557634...e-dead-latest/

Nevermind, viewing the video, his FJ barely got the bumper wing knocked off...

Oh, What a feeling...
post #205 of 224 (permalink) Old 02-15-2018, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

(Thread Starter)

So does anyone know how to pull up a specific calibration file on TIS? ,I type in the calibration code for CC and it shows this
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (90).png
Views:	107
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	998458  

post #206 of 224 (permalink) Old 02-15-2018, 12:14 PM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
So does anyone know how to pull up a specific calibration file on TIS? ,I type in the calibration code for CC and it shows this
I have no experience with it but it looks like you may be able to search by year/model on the tab to the left? Could you search for the FJ and then manually look through the calibration list for something similar to what you are searching for?

Another thing you can try is do a partial search. A lot of databases (not all though so this may not work) will allow wildcards. Try searching for " *152635390* ". The * is telling the search that you can have things before or after the text you have typed in, so if the "F" isn't supposed to be there or if it is a different character then it will show you those results. You could search for an even smaller portion of the code if you wanted as well.

2011 FJ Cruiser
post #207 of 224 (permalink) Old 02-15-2018, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
reh8388 previously said: View Post
I have no experience with it but it looks like you may be able to search by year/model on the tab to the left? Could you search for the FJ and then manually look through the calibration list for something similar to what you are searching for?

Another thing you can try is do a partial search. A lot of databases (not all though so this may not work) will allow wildcards. Try searching for " *152635390* ". The * is telling the search that you can have things before or after the text you have typed in, so if the "F" isn't supposed to be there or if it is a different character then it will show you those results. You could search for an even smaller portion of the code if you wanted as well.
Ya tried to search by vehicle and by number.. Tried it with the asterisk as well.. No luck.. But thanks just the same was definitely worth a shot!

post #208 of 224 (permalink) Old 02-23-2018, 10:42 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Just wanted to let you know that I was able to add CC to my GX 460 with just the switch. Second part of project will be using a different Driver Support Computer that should activate MTS. US GX 460's only come with CC but ones from Canada for example also include MTS.

Stock Switch

Switch with CC options

Thanks gilpinbrewer

'12 Lexus GX 460 Premium w/custom Crawl Control and MTS
post #209 of 224 (permalink) Old 02-23-2018, 10:45 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Right on!! Woohoo!
post #210 of 224 (permalink) Old 02-23-2018, 11:46 AM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

(Thread Starter)

Awesome! .. Good deal.. Wish I it was that easy for us Fj folks.. Lol

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > 4x4 / Off-Road Tech

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in