Crawl Control parts list - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
4x4 / Off-Road Tech This section contains all discussion related to taking the FJ Cruiser in Off-Road situations, 4x4 applications and any armor modifications.

49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 224 (permalink) Old 09-16-2015, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Crawl Control parts list

I know there are a couple threads about this from a few years ago but didn't see that anyone actually had a parts list for all the components for possibly adding crawl control . I did some reasearch and made a few calls to the parts departments of some local dealers and this is what i come up with

What i found MOST interesting is the fact that Toyota doesn't have a different part number for a 4x4 control ECU with or without crawl control, both the ECU units are the same ..crawl control or not... if you have R diff lock and a-trac. so that would lead me to believe that all the programming needed for crawl is already in all ecu units, similar to the a -trac hack. Crawl control may be a possibility? or I could be going insane . both are plausible indeed.

Simply google the part numbers below for pics and description

Roof console part number
8126035500b0
the parts guy said this is the complete ceiling console unit, both lamps and both switches and dial

Roof bow part number
this piece mounts across roof horizontally and provides support for the mounting bracket.

Mounting bracket part number
This is what the console mounts directly to

Console wiring harness part number
This small harness ties all the features of the console together it has a plug at the end that plugs into the main headliner harness.

Main Headliner harness part number
8217135c30
This is the main harness in the headliner. it feeds everything lights, subwoofer ect.. It differs from the non crawl control harness in that it has a lead with a plug at the end to plug into the console harness and it plugs into the 4x4 control ECU located under the dash on the drivers side

Driving support switch control ECU
859a135010

I have no idea specifically WTF this does, But you absolutely need it

So there ya go ..I think these are all the parts needed to do this. if anyone could do more research and post anything ive overlooked , that would be great!!

What really surprised me was the fact that there wasn't a different part number for the ECU 's that had crawl and the ones that didn't..Unless it needs to be downloaded externally, That could mean that all the programming for crawl is in all 4x4 control ecu's

Obviously this would probably entail cutting some mounting holes in the headliner but that could be easily done

when pricing this out it came to under $600.00

ANYWAY..... looking forward to getting some feedback on this insane scheme

thanks

T

2014 Iceberg, Rear E-locker front ARB air locker 4.88 Yukon gears , A-trac, Demello aluminum front bumper, Front sway bar disconnects Smittybilt X20 10k lb winch with Factor 55 thimble, ICON Extended travel front / rear with ICON Overland springs ICON tubular UCAs ICON billet aluminum rear LCA Viair OBA system
Total Chaos spindle gussets , BudBuilt front skid, Budbuilt mid skid ,Allpro sliders, Fuel Anza wheels, anthracite w/black beadlocks, Amazeing hood decal BFG 35x70x17 km2 cool stickers

Last edited by Heliguide; 10-27-2017 at 04:59 PM. Reason: wrong part number
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 224 (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 04:58 AM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Crawl Control parts list

Great job! I'm interested in this too. I have a little more time this weekend and I will assist in some research, maybe parallel to you but I'm willing to help. I've already got the console mounting plate and will be gathering other parts. Let's do this!

2013 Magma
TLCA #23190
post #3 of 224 (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 07:47 AM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Garage

Interesting, does this cover all year models or just 2010+?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

AKA Jake w/ S.F.

2007 FJC TRD SE "DARKNITE": US offroads winch plate, ENGO 9000 lb winch, ICON 2.5" Extended travel Coilovers, ICON UCA, Toytec rear springs, 285/75 16 GoodYear MT/R, RCI full steel skids & rear lower link armor, Snorkel, ICON rear 2" VS shocks, Boztec rear diff skid, Metal Tech upper and lower rear links, Custom rear bumper and swing out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 224 (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

(Thread Starter)

I think perhaps that with older models, ones that were made before crawl was an option you might need to swap the 4x4 control ecu with a newer one. I did my research using my rig as an example which is a 2014. it was funny one of the parts guys i spoke with was just couldnt believe that the ECU"S were the the same . He put me on hold for a long time ,asked his service guy as well as a bunch of other people . And finally told me " ya both ecu's are the same .. weird"

my next question is how the console mounts to the headliner Im thinking you might be able to simply drill four holes for the mounting pins to go through to snap into the mounting bracket and feed the tail of the console harness through existing light hole, but this is just conjecture, what I need to see is a pic of the headliner WITHOUT the crawl control console attached to see how it mounts ,So if anyone can scare up some pics , that would be very useful.

2014 Iceberg, Rear E-locker front ARB air locker 4.88 Yukon gears , A-trac, Demello aluminum front bumper, Front sway bar disconnects Smittybilt X20 10k lb winch with Factor 55 thimble, ICON Extended travel front / rear with ICON Overland springs ICON tubular UCAs ICON billet aluminum rear LCA Viair OBA system
Total Chaos spindle gussets , BudBuilt front skid, Budbuilt mid skid ,Allpro sliders, Fuel Anza wheels, anthracite w/black beadlocks, Amazeing hood decal BFG 35x70x17 km2 cool stickers
post #5 of 224 (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 09:55 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 889 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
Heliguide previously said: View Post
I think perhaps that with older models, ones that were made before crawl was an option you might need to swap the 4x4 control ecu with a newer one. I did my research using my rig as an example which is a 2014. it was funny one of the parts guys i spoke with was just couldnt believe that the ECU"S were the the same . He put me on hold for a long time ,asked his service guy as well as a bunch of other people . And finally told me " ya both ecu's are the same .. weird"
Speaking as someone with a software development background, it's actually more expensive for them to make two different ECUs. Everything needed for crawl control to work is already digital: ABS sensors, drive-by-wire throttle etc. It's just adding the hardware/console parts you've found and letting the truck now that you have that hardware.

Don't forget that on crawl-control trucks they also move ATRAC and RR DIFF LOCK buttons to the ceiling. I don't see why you'd have to do this on a truck that already has them wired under the stereo, it's just more work for not much benefit. Unless there's some easy wiring harness that comes in the kit.

Worth it? I'm skeptical. The technical benefits of ATRAC/Lock over a standard 4x4 are blatantly obvious for anyone who's ever watched a 90's era 4Runner struggle over something that our FJ's cruise right over. But for the few times I've seen crawl control in action -- granted, all rocky situations in Colorado -- it's not that helpful if you already have everything else turned on. In other scenarios,
? Maybe it makes much more sense.
Cody Pereira and sni511per like this.

Want to see what FOUR years (updated!) of offroading in Colorado looks like? Click Here

Join the Colorado FJ Cruisers Facebook page for Colorado mod days, trail runs and other organized events! Not from Colorado, but planning a trip here? Join up, we'd be happy to suggest some offroading locations for you or even coordinate a run with the locals!

My CB Radio Install+Parts Thread

Complete Guide to Buying and Selling an FJ Cruiser

post #6 of 224 (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 09:58 AM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Garage

Thanks for the part numbers and info... i'm thinking this will only be good on 2013+2014 because they have the cc as an option?

I know you stated that a non cc and a cc vehicle have the same ecu's (only on model year 13 &) 14 but I'm just thinking that's the way yota does it with a lot of their options...

just my .o2c

BUT I have a 2012 and maybe depending on date of manufacture could they possibly started using the newer ecu's with the cc programming? just another thought as im typing at work
post #7 of 224 (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

(Thread Starter)

I agree it doesn't make any sense from a manufacturing standpoint to have to have two different ecus .. in the Crawl control console the A-trac and r Dif lock switches are simply re located from the lower switch panel to the Crawl console . My thinking is that you would have to remove the switches (a-trac and R dif Lock) that are in the lower switch panel as to not send additional input to the ECU.

post #8 of 224 (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
lpswim previously said: View Post
Thanks for the part numbers and info... i'm thinking this will only be good on 2013+2014 because they have the cc as an option?

I know you stated that a non cc and a cc vehicle have the same ecu's (only on model year 13 &) 14 but I'm just thinking that's the way yota does it with a lot of their options...

just my .o2c

BUT I have a 2012 and maybe depending on date of manufacture could they possibly started using the newer ecu's with the cc programming? just another thought as im typing at work
ya my thought is on older non cc models you might have to swap the 4x4 control ecu with with a 2013 2014 unit .. not sure tho ..just a therory

post #9 of 224 (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 10:24 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)

Is the ECU PN the same as the 2007?

Steve
TLCA 14294
KJ6DAA

http://1971fj40.blogspot.com/

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true."
Demosthenes c.383-322 BC
post #10 of 224 (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
sonof40 previously said: View Post
Is the ECU PN the same as the 2007?
if the part number for a 2007 is 8953335260 then yes

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > 4x4 / Off-Road Tech

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in