Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Rear diff skid plate??

4K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  tisilverFJ 
#1 ·
ok guys what are my options........saw the one from allpro but that welds on.....any other options or companys making them?

weld on or bolt on......what are my options thanks!

#2 ·
all i've seen is the one from All-Pro... I guess you could go custom at a Fab shop with some technical drawings and what you wanted... All Pro's is simple, but I don't own a welder... I guess I'll just take it easy for now...

#4 ·
Allphase offroad makes a bolt on skid for the rear diff. I don't know anything about it, but I saw a few folks complaining about the quality. I talked to Bud from Budbuilt a long time ago and he said he was working on a bolt on option. You have to call him to find out about it because his website is way outdated.

#5 ·
The AllPro is nice, but it only covers the back of the diff. Is weld on. I have one, never hit it on anything.

The All Phase looks really nice (I have one waiting to go on in my garage). The only quality issues were associated with a massive group buy that I think got out of control for All Phase. The crux was that the U-joints that hold the plate on got made slightly too small. You can check with All Phase, but I'm sure that this is not the case with their non-group-buy versions.

Several others have versions "in preparation" but since there's no photos, these are by definition vapourware right now ("vapourware" = Pronunciation: (vā'pur-wâr"), —n. Computer Jargon. a product, esp. software, that is promoted or marketed while it is still in development and that may never be produced.)

#6 ·
I've got the AllPhase diff skid and it works fine. The only thing you have to watch out for is when it's tightened down you need to pay particular attention to positioning because if you get it wrong the driveshaft will make contact with it on every rotation. You'll know it immediately though.

Jim

#8 ·
This is no longer an issue. The front of the skid that comes close to the driveshaft has been shortened with the new version.

#13 ·
All Phase Offroad diff skid. Bolt-on

#15 ·
The all phase one looks a lot more useful than the all pro one, mostly b/c the all pro one only covers the back of the diff instead of underneath it. :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.