Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

no power check

3K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  nenuco 
#1 ·
helloa all. I was told today by the dealers manager that they will only take cashiers or certified check fro the transaction of my FJ (which hasn't arrived yet). That means that the eloan power check that I'll get wont do s*** for me...Do any of you know of a financing website where they can send certified checks or cashiers. Don't want to go to a bank because their interest rates are higher...anyone?

Thanks in advance

#4 ·
Tell them to shove their FJ sideways, they are just trying to con you into using their financing to make even more money. Of course they can take that check, LIARS! I have said this before, go buy an FJ somewhere else, drive by every day, flip them off with both hands, and throw hot coffee at them!

Make sure to post there dumb @sses on the dealer black list!

#7 ·
alterado said:
According to them, store policy. Because of identity theft, blah blah blah. I can't go to another dealer...They have my $500, non refoundable :confused:
That's BS

I guess you could see what kind of financing the dealer will give you. But if they are unwilling to take you money for the car then they have to give you your deposit back. Period.

#9 ·
Call Toyota, call the Better Business Bureau, call the police, call everyone you can think of. Picket the damn place if you have too....Don't let the a-holes mess with you. Get you deposit back and remember squeaky wheel gets the grease, make them wish you never walked in the place. Stand tall brother!

#11 ·
gsgmac said:
Call Toyota, call the Better Business Bureau, call the police, call everyone you can think of. Picket the damn place if you have too....Don't let the a-holes mess with you. Get you deposit back and remember squeaky wheel gets the grease, make them wish you never walked in the place. Stand tall brother!
Ill bring my kindergateners with me...Ice cream loaded!!

#13 ·
gsgmac said:
Tell them to shove their FJ sideways, they are just trying to con you into using their financing to make even more money. Of course they can take that check, LIARS! I have said this before, go buy an FJ somewhere else, drive by every day, flip them off with both hands, and throw hot coffee at them!

Make sure to post there dumb @sses on the dealer black list!
Hit the nail on the head! By law you are signing a contract before the vehicle leaves the lot, there's no reason they should not take the check.
I think they either have a buyer who is offering them more OR they want you to use their financing. What a load of crap, if I were you I'd take my business to a different dealer.

-Chris

#14 ·
who are these as*hats anyway?? we could all call them and waste their time...

#15 ·
There is no reason for them not to take E-Loan checks. None at all. They are trying to screw with you.

Check the laws in your state. The $500 may be refundable after all.

#17 ·
the reason they do not want to take that check is they will not get the brokerage fee they get for writing a loan
and your deposit is refundable
do not make threats
do not yell
just go into the office and start by asking for your deposit, when they do not give it, call toyota USA in torrance California and ask for the complaint department
ave the number available and a cell phone, when they get on the phone tell them the dealers name and city, by that time they will ask you to accept your check just to keep you from having toyota straiten it out.
Toyota is sensitive about this kind of stuff and reacts to customer complaints seriously.

#18 ·
alterado said:
I have no idea where could I check that...any sugestions? I live in IL
If you made the deposit via check they should not have cashed it. If they did they owe you the money. If you used a credit card (what I usually do) you can contest the charge and have your credit card company issue a credit.

As others said, contact Toyota and issue a complaint and request follow up to resolve the matter. Your e-loan check is legal tender for the vehicle, I cannot believe how some dealerships are abusing the popularity of this vehicle.

Best of luck to you!

#19 ·
highbeams said:
the reason they do not want to take that check is they will not get the brokerage fee they get for writing a loan
do not make threats
do not yell
just go into the office and start by asking for your deposit, when they do not give it, call toyota USA in torrance California and ask for the complaint department
ave the number available and a cell phone, when they get on the phone tell them the dealers name and city, by that time they will ask you to accept your check just to keep you from having toyota straiten it out.
Toyota is sensitive about this kind of stuff and reacts to customer complaints seriously.
agreed. although you want to whine piss and moan dont do it in their offices. like highbeams says - be calm and collected - take a few deep breaths before your go in and be armed with the telephone numbers, contact info, web site print outs from better business etc etc,....armed to the gills with information and a cellphone will get them very nervous. when they tell you that will do nothing - get on the phone to toyota usa in torrance and seriously follow through with your complaint in their office. figure out all of this stuff before hand so you dont fumble around and look unsure of yourself. you want to be as ****sure as ever. you show them that you are serious and they will probably give you your deposit back. if you really want to kick it up you can hire a lawyer as well or get your friend (make sure it's a smart one or a good actor) to go in as your legal counsel. all stealerships ever need is some pressure and they'll fold. if all that fails start raising a fuss (not your temper) and make sure other customers hear your story, or pick one out and start talking to them.

bottom line - they're fu(cking with you - you fu(ck with them. keep it cold and business like and never smile, unless it's one of those fu(ck you smiles.

#21 ·
Remember one thing, 98 bpercent of the people they deal with are sheep
most have to accept whatever they dish out as they have bad credit or are to stupid to know how to react.
You are in the drivers seat, you have a loan, Toyota USA wants you in that truck, They will tell the dealer to sell you the car.
A dealer can get in a lot of trouble from Toyota, and without a brand of cars to sell, they are a used car lot
Every complaint is analyzed, if they get tomany, they get in trouble.
Do not threaten, act
do not get loud, if you do they have the right to kick you out
do not agree to anything but your deal
and do not bring in someone to ACT like a attorney, you will lose all credibilty

#22 ·
highbeams said:
do not make threats
do not yell

Got it. Here is the info in case someone is is in same situation

TOYOTA MOTOR SALES USA, INC
Customer Assistance Center
Toyota Motor Sales USA, Inc
Department A102
19001 South Western Avenue
Torrance, CA 90509-2991
Toll free: 1-800-331-4331
Fax: 310-618-7814
TDD toll free: 1-800-443-4999

#25 ·
Someone better get some hot coffee thrown on them or I am going to loose it! These disreputable stealerships must pay....off with their heads! Screw all this nicey nice stuff, picket the place and call them pedophiles when customers are around. Bastages!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.