Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 831 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Re: Moab Junky's Adventures

Quote:
BIGGUY previously said: View Post
Nice photos. They really make me miss my trips to Moab. If those are the dunes I'm thinking of there is a trail off of them that ends up at Crystal Geyers not far from Green River. It's been awhile since I've been up that way though.
Thanks. I think you are correct. I know the geyser is just south of GR. We have never been there. I've heard people wait hours and hours for it to spout off. We were just a bit east of there. Yesterday we asked some Utah guys if there were any more dunes. They didn't know of any.

I'm thinking about pulling the bikes down there in a month and doing some camping. Might have to order some fresh paddle tires.

Come on down BIGGUY!!

LAKE POWELL:

This trip is out of order but a great trip and the FJ once again was the perfect vehicle to take. I pulled our little boat to the lake for some camping and fishing. The FJ scooted just fine at hwy speeds pulling the load.

We ran into some rain which made things a little interesting. I had tire chains with me but was too lazy to put them on. After sliding about I wished I would have put them on. This road was 13 miles long and had some nasty drop offs here and there. We didn't run into a single vehicle on our way in or out. Getting stuck out here would have been really bad.
Moab Junky's Adventures-dsc03282.jpg

Moab Junky's Adventures-dsc03283.jpg

See what I mean.
Moab Junky's Adventures-dsc03285.jpg

When I say drop offs, I mean DROP OFFS. This road was all clay in all the wrong places.
Moab Junky's Adventures-dsc03284.jpg

Like most of Southern Utah, the views were absolutely spectacular.
Moab Junky's Adventures-dsc03281.jpg

After the dangerous sections were behind us and the skies began to get brighter, we started having fun.
Moab Junky's Adventures-dsc03279.jpg
Moab Junky's Adventures-dsc03280.jpg

We found the perfect camping spot.
Moab Junky's Adventures-dsc03273.jpg

Some mice....I do believe I built a better mouse trap. Two large pieces of flat sand stone, 20 feet of Para chord and a 4 inch long stick.
Moab Junky's Adventures-dsc03275.jpg

And a boat load of striped bass. An awesome Father Son outing.
Moab Junky's Adventures-dsc03298.jpg

Last edited by Moab Junky; 11-29-2015 at 09:01 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome