Mentioned: 353 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7039 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: OFFICAL Moab October 7th-11th 2015

Quote:
Heliguide previously said: View Post
I had kind of a solemn moment While i was at the overlook at Top of the world. While I was hanging out , taking in the view and watching the other guys take their pics , i noticed a small box under a tree on the left. I didn't think much of it at first but I became more curious and walked over to it and picked it up took off the lid, and looked inside.What i found inside was startling , what at first i thought was dirt, I quickly realized that it was ashes... someone's cremated remains. I let out a gasp, and immediately put the lid back on and returned it to the exact place i had found, it while offering a quick apology to the person to which they belonged.

Just illustrates what a very special place on earth THAT place is, and that someone loved it so much that that is where they wanted their remains to reside.

I could think of worse places to spend some time ....worse places indeed
Several years ago a group of FJs made that trip. One of the owner's had a really cool dog who ran along side us and was just friendly and good looking as can be. It was a yearly thing for him and his owner to go to Moab. Well the dog passed away and the next trip down to Moab was with a group of FJs again and the owner stood on the rock, said a few words, and let the wind take the ashes of his dog and spread them around the area that he loved.

Go ahead, skin it! Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens...

I'll ride in on a sunny day, Sing you a song, steal your heart away Like a cowboy Hang my hat like I'm here for awhile Kick off my boots and drive you wild Like a cowboy Well baby you know I can't stay long You wake up, I'll be gone Until then I'll hold on Like a cowboy.

TLCA #9031

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome