Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Ben at Rough Country ROCKS! (NOW WITH PICS!!)

9K views 61 replies 26 participants last post by  Shadow-Warrior 
#1 · (Edited)
NOW WITH PICS!!!!!!!!!!

That is all. :D

#4 ·
Re: Ben at Rough Country ROCKS!

I picked up a set of DC Crushers 305/70/16 mounted on a new set of Rough Country Black Daytona 16s with Spider Traxx blue spacers. Gotta get the chop done and the pallet from Ben should show up next week!

:bananahump-slvrathl :bananahump-slvrathl :bananahump-slvrathl

#6 · (Edited)

I picked up a set of DC Crushers 305/70/16 mounted on a new set of Rough Country Black Daytona 16s with Spider Traxx blue spacers. Gotta get the chop done and the pallet from Ben should show up next week!

:bananahump-slvrathl :bananahump-slvrathl :bananahump-slvrathl
Oooooooooo. Very nice VDM. Get those pics up.

#9 ·

very cool..... I need to add the Spider Traxx spacers to my wish list.
And pop those mud flaps off.

#20 · (Edited)

Ben is the man. He went out of his way at the **** Creek Crawl in Dyersburg to give us a tour of the Rough Country Headquarters and to provide great deals to the participants of the ride. Thanks again for the great deal on the lift and helping me find the resource to get it installed. Also thanks for the deal on the rock rails. I put them to good use a few weeks back in Harlan. Rough Country is a great company to do business with.

Also, can't wait to see the pics of your FJ's new shoes Tina. Your killing me. Already on you second set of mud tires. I am still looking forward the day I get the BFG's.

#23 ·

Congrats Tina on the new Shoes, post some pics when their mounted and I agree 100% BEN from RC does ROCK!!!! He gave me a great deal on my shoes too. He's a great guy to deal with along with the rest of the Rough Country staff :)

#25 ·

Once again.......Ben's da man. Tires are going on tomorrow. I will have pics.

:alfdance: :alfdance: :alfdance: :alfdance: :alfdance: :alfdance:

#26 · (Edited)

Dick Cepek Crushers in a 305/70/16 on Rough Country's Black Daytona with SpiderTrax spacers. A little louder than my MTZs (which is fine by me), a little more bouncy, and I will definitely being doing the body chop on Friday as there is a rub at full turn. The 33" spare also fit the back door which amazed my tire shop guys. I think I'm gonna love these. I haven't had them up to hwy speed yet so I'll report back after the weekend.

BEN................:bigthumb: :wave: :clap:

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

I now have a wide ass :D

The Tire

And my blue Toyota emblem

#31 ·

Dick Cepek Crushers in a 305/70/16 on Rough Country's Black Daytona with SpiderTrax spacers. A little louder than my MTZs (which is fine by me), a little more bouncy, and I will definitely being doing the body chop on Friday as there is a rub at full turn. The 33" spare also fit the back door which amazed my tire shop guys. I think I'm gonna love these. I haven't had them up to hwy speed yet so I'll report back after the weekend.

BEN................:bigthumb: :wave: :clap:

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

I now have a wide ass :D

The Tire

And my blue Toyota emblem

very nice!! sweet!

#32 ·

Ok, so I took the long way home (but ya'll would've guessed that, right?) and at 85 mph she sounds like Bigfoot (woooooooooohooooooooo)! The ride is still really good and it does feel alot more stable with the spacers. In town, the sound of the tires is drowned out by my exhaust. I think I'm sittin just a tad higher too.

I know my speed is off now but which way? Am I going faster or slower than what the speedometer says? Oh, who cares, they'll never be able to catch my smurfroid.:bluecap::bluecap: :bluecap:

#33 ·

Edit to the above post.

I have been informed that I was running 90 not 85. I also learned that Ben and all the trees in TN have conspired against me. There is a "muddy slope" deal with these tires. It seems the Rough Country experiment has begun. We will test to see how much skinny pedal is required to not slide off the mountain and land in the trees. Game on! :D

#35 ·

Edit to the above post.

I have been informed that I was running 90 not 85. I also learned that Ben and all the trees in TN have conspired against me. There is a "muddy slope" deal with these tires. It seems the Rough Country experiment has begun. We will test to see how much skinny pedal is required to not slide off the mountain and land in the trees. Game on! :D
Don't forget the ONE tree in Moab. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.