Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum - View Single Post - Troubleshooting: High Beams Not Working.
View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2016, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
Patrick Ralston

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Patrick Ralston
(Thread Starter)
Re: Troubleshooting: High Beams Not Working.

Quote:
One Shot previously said: View Post
I think your high beams are neg/neutral switched.
Quote:
gearwrench previously said: View Post
Unfortunately without having the truck sitting in front of me it makes it difficult to give better directions because I can't tell you where to take readings from or test for power and grounds at.
One Shot- How can I verify this? I seem to remember a discussion on this topic (which now I can't find).

Gearwrench-- I just appreciate the input. Even as a lurker, I've become a much better mechanic just by reading the posts by veterans here. It helps that these Toyota/Hino designs lend themselves to modification and tinkering. In college I had a 1985 Hilux 4x4-- last year of the straight front axles-- that I could dismantle in my backyard. My FJ is helping me reclaim some of the fun I had back then, and share it with my sons.

BLACK BETTY. 2008 FJ CRUISER.
Midlife crisis/expedition vehicle. ATRAC, locking rear differential, Aries grille guard, aftermarket front turn signal mods, vertical grille (ugh) XD-Series black matte wheels, backup camera with rearview mirror display, factory stereo with JL bluetooth receiver installed, OEM roof rack, side mirror LEDs with diffusers removed. All LEDs except headlights. Aux USB chargers.
DOGTOWN, CENTRAL ARKANSAS

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome