Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

The only thing I don't like about my FJ

82K views 125 replies 78 participants last post by  fjbill60 
#1 ·
I can't believe that there is no "mist" feature for the windshield wipers! The FJ is not cheap, and it should have this feature. My 06 Rav4 had an identical lever to control the front and rear wipers, except that if you pushed it up the wipers would wipe once.

I've had my FJ for 2 weeks now, and so far this is the only thing I don't like about it (I know it's minor...but still...I'm surprised!)

#87 ·
Wish they'd come with the Australian fuel tank system... either that, or a diesel option...

The "mist" feature would be nice on the wipers... just like the 3-blinks feature when you tap the turn signal lever...

Other than that, it's a whole lot of fun!

#95 ·
If memory serves this will only work on the early FJ's that have the no rear wiper option. Need the wiper arm from and early 2000's Taco.

I remember looking into doing this but instead developed "The Flick" - I can get a 1 swipe most of the time.

#93 ·
Always wondered about this too. Not that it bugs me that much but the FJ has no mister. Our '94 pickup does. Our '84 pickup does. Our '01 Tacoma doesn't. Our '15 Tundra does. Our '18 4Runner does. Our '77 FJ40 didn't. Can't remember the other Toyotas. :eek:ld:

#101 · (Edited)
Been thinking a lot about this topic lately cause I wanna get rid of it. So here are the things that bothered me about it.
Windshield angle. on my 3rd one which is cracked. I've just learned to live with a cracked one instead of throwing money down the drain on another one.
Cant roll down driver window if going over 30mph without getting a ruptured eardrum. I've never had a car like this.
Suicide door sucks with getting out a car seat or parking between cars.
Visibility (enough has been said).
Transmission is a slush box.
Terribly dated interior and electronics even when mine was new in 2011, but hey its army green sooo...
Prone to rusting. I shouldn't have to work this hard 2x a year to keep it from rusting out while my wifes 2012 Escape Hybrid undercarriage still looks brand new for some reason.

#109 ·
Regarding post #73: desire for a 'single wipe' feature (its a small thing, but would be nice to have), after 5 years of doing nothing about it I finally figured it out.

Starting at post #29. Yay.

#112 ·
With all of the past griping about the windshield wiper doesn't anyone hate the fact that if it is only a mist and you hit it the button the middle wiper leaves a dang line right across your vision field?

I feel like the places with the steering wheel on the right side don't have that issue. Flip the wipers for the left?

Too late now.

#115 ·
Many don’t realize that the FJ was brought to market quickly by skipping Toyota’s normal 1 year of production engineering. In many ways, the Fj Cruiser is still a prototype!

#120 ·
I don't like that you can't open the read door from the inside or the fact that the FJ doesn't have a fold down tailgate.
I wish you didn't have to take out the rear seat cushion in order to lay the back seat flat. I don't like that you can't see out the back when reversing at night. I loved my 3rd Generation 4Runner. If I had to do over again, I would've purchased another 4Runner.

#124 ·
Regarding mist wipe (one wipe without spray) see post #109 one page up from here:

...which links to this thread, scroll down to post #29 with the answer:

Took me a while to figure out, but all you need is the switch assembly from a Lexus IS300 wagon and about 1 hour of your time to do the complete swap.

Norm "play misty for me" Kerr

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.