Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum - View Single Post - Official 'Help the New Summiteer' Thread!
View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 12:55 PM
shane4x4
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Official 'Help the New Summiteer' Thread!

Quote:
Decidion previously said: View Post
NEW EDIT: Sorry nevermind, found the answer to my question on the Summit web page

Ok, I'll try to be the first actual question here...

Is there a good resource us Summit newbs can check out that lists the trails that will be run, difficulty of the trail, scenic rating, etc.? Possibly with pictures?

I thought I had seen something somewhere, but I cannot find it now. I could probably just look up the general area on some web site, but I wouldn't know for sure if any given trail is within Summit scope or not (and they probably don't have a FJ specific trail rating).

Thanks, and I look forward to meeting everyone!!!

Jeff
Last year I put together a Google Earth KML File covering the trails, here's the thread:
https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...h-style-2.html

Here's the same file in Google Maps
http://angie-shane.org/als/FJS_2007.kmz - Google Maps

You can also check Dirtopia, I've added all the Ouray county trails, and I'm working on the surrounding counties. Ouray County is here: Ouray County, Colorado - Dirtopia, the Off-Road Encyclopedia
All the trails from Dirtopia should be color coded properly for difficulty (green-blue-red-black)

I'll create a new custom GE/Google Maps KML probably around march, so look for that.

Hope this helps!

--
2015 Tundra Crew Max
SOLD: 2007 TiSi FJC, 2007 4Runner Sport, 2007 TRD FJC, 2006 Tundra TRD, 2007 GX-470, 2014 SEMA 4Runner
TLCA#18775 | K2TRL |
Back Country Navigation

Find us on Facebook & Twitter too!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome