Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1114 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Re: Polishing a shiny turd

10/7/16
Here's a picture from the Autotrader ad. Yes, I'm sentimental.

I got some SCS F5 from fellow member Laobron. Stand up guy to deal with. These are 16x8 3.5BS. Mounted some 295/75 on there. Probably a little bigger than I should have gone with but out of aesthetics, the 295 looked more in proportion than 285. Also I like the ground clearance.
Hankook Dynapro 295/75

12/10/2016
Attempted to fit 295. Caster could be adjusted but a solid body karate chop will due for now. Removed and relocated fender flares to trash receptacle.

12/14/2016
I don't know how people removed their fender trim. Ended up hacking it up for the front and rear to keep the plastic door trim flowing and the same theme. I haven't had time to finish the driverside. Also, I know it's doing the lean in the front, but going to wait for proper suspension.

12/27/16
AFE exhaust install. Hi-Tuck model in 2.5" as I wasn't looking for a loud increase BUT I was looking for straighter piping unlike the stock which has lots of dents in the piping for clearance. Also hoping the straighter flow of piping might allow the engine to expel the exhaust gases more efficiently.

12/28/16
FJToymanoffroad.com gussetted spindles. Replaced the haggard gaskets National Oil Seal PN#710573 and Toyota o-ring PN#90301-92003
Kind of a jump in mods. I knew I wanted to upgrade the front end so I ordered these with rear shock skids from FJtoyman but there's a core charge so I had to get it on sooner than later.

1/6/17
Skids by RCI. I had these from their recent group buy and was lagging to put them on. Finally made time to mount up. Also lubed the driveshaft while i was down there. Bottom side stouter than a pint of Guinness!
Mileage:119k

1/13/17 Demello. Installing hybrid sliders

Last edited by jamesepoop; 03-23-2017 at 05:43 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome