Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum - View Single Post - Hi Lift Pros/Cons and preferred placement
View Single Post
post #22 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2017, 07:48 PM
BIGGUY
I Have a V-8!! Moderator

Mentioned: 353 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7041 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Hi Lift Pros/Cons and preferred placement

Quote:
kevinrfoote previously said: View Post
Thinking of making it an optional accessory. Tethering it in the cargo hold or rack when I'm doing serious wheeling and leaving at home otherwise.

I am interested in exploring the pneumatic options too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was on a trail in Moab a few years ago with a group of FJs and one guy broke a front axle. He had one of those air bags from ARB or another company. He placed it on a blanket and used his air compressor to blow it up and then they stuck the tire/wheel under the FJ when it was high enough. It seemed to work pretty good. You just have to watch for any sharp rocks or sharp edges on the vehicle that could puncture it. It was big, but not too bad as far as packing it away. You can also use the exhaust to fill the bag.

I've gotten by using my stock Toyota jack and a few 2x6 chucks of wood about a foot or eighteen inches long for changing tires on the trails which is all I've ever had to do. I've had to jack the axle up and block it and then take the jack out and screw the top of it out and then lift it again to get it high enough a couple of times, but it's always worked okay for me.

Go ahead, skin it! Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens...

I'll ride in on a sunny day, Sing you a song, steal your heart away Like a cowboy Hang my hat like I'm here for awhile Kick off my boots and drive you wild Like a cowboy Well baby you know I can't stay long You wake up, I'll be gone Until then I'll hold on Like a cowboy.

TLCA #9031

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome