Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum - View Single Post - Hi Lift Pros/Cons and preferred placement
View Single Post
post #24 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 06:17 PM
CurbCrawler
Forum Master

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Hi Lift Pros/Cons and preferred placement

It's a great tool for your recovery arsenal and it can be dangerous when used improperly as others stated. Living in the rust belt requires additional maintenance unless you can afford an all stainless version, if one exists? Finding a convenient place to mount one is another challenge. I fabricated a hidden front receiver so I could swap my winch from front to rear when needed, but normally leave the winch in the back. I decided to fabricate a HI-Lift jack mount that slides into the front receiver. The lift sits parallel to and right up against the front bumper above the lower grill. It's easy to get to for removal and adds elements of strength & fear to the front end. The only down side is it gets pelted with salt and debris, so the paint is completely gone. I'll have to break it down & repaint it this spring, but it's there if ever needed.

The reason why we retain memories is because we are not caught in a time loop. The reason why we are not caught in a time loop is because it is not possible to go backwards in time only forward!
*CurbCrawler fabricated hidden front receiver.
*CurbCrawler fabricated Hi-Lift receiver mount.
*CurbCrawler fabricated SS dual battery tray & Walmart Battery.
*CurbCrawler fabricated 4-Gauge dash pod.
*CurbCrawler fabricated Aux fuse/relay panel.
Gibson cat-back exhaust (Dyno Proven)
Complete set of aluminum skid plates.
Receiver mounted 9k-lb rear winch.
Hayden trans cooler w/electric fan.
Factory rock rails.
Moon roof.
LED fog & backup lights.
Husky mats: front, center & rear.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome