Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum - View Single Post - Backcountry camping - idiots setup right next to you
View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 05-07-2017, 08:41 AM
PGray

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Backcountry camping - idiots setup right next to you

Quote:
hiflyerx previously said: View Post
Looking for some advise. Was back country camping to get away from people. In a 150,000+ hectare public land use zone

All is good for a couple nights then some asshats decide to setup not 20' from us!? Seriously!?

How does one discourage such behaviour, in an appropriate fashion? Dealing with rednecks here, so their mentality is usually quite limited.
I have an offroad trailer so have the luxury of being able to take a fair bit of gear with me. One of the extra pieces of gear I always take with me is a second tent. The places I go are pretty remote, but if I am somewhere where there is room for another camper to fit in, that's when I setup the second tent and preemptively make it difficult or impossible for another group to fit in beside us.

I do this primarily because despite trying to train her to be nice my dog is just not good with strangers and I really don't want to see someone get bitten, and me possibly get sued.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome