Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Weathertech (WTFloormats)

4K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  Firemedic831 
#1 ·
So, I have WeatherTech side window deflectors for my FJ, and I love them.
My Girl Friend also likes, them, and asked for them for her birthday for her truck.
Ordered a set online, and received a set that didnt fit. Went to Weathtechs web site, and found out, they didnt make a set for her truck.

So, back to my WTF?????

Just browsing the WeatherTech web site for additional toys for the FJ, and came across this:

2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser | WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors, Rain Guards, Wind Deflectors | WeatherTech.com

Now WHY THE HECK would you need / want window deflectors for windows that DON'T OPEN? (And don't even mention Freedom windows, cause, that isn't one of them)

Is this a scam or what?

(Sorry, just needed to Vent)

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: Weathertech (WTF)

The rep tried to sell me on those when I had my Frontier. Those back windows don't open either. It's completely pointless. I understand some people don't like the "unfinished" look of just the fronts, and usually those kind of things bother me, but it didn't with these. I have been liking the in-channels less and less those. They always make the last few inches the hardest (that's that she said) and I'm thinking of switching to stick ons.

Although if you are interested I have a brand new front set of Putco's I'd be willing to part with.

#10 ·

Why does Toyota sell wheels with fake beadlocks? The same reason Weathertech sells deflectors for the rear windows...
But the fake beadlock trim rings DO protect the wheel from damage, and they can be replaced. :)

Reactions: Winterpeg
#6 ·

WTF = Weather Tech Floormats?

Reactions: FredtheFJ
#9 ·
Does anyone have these WeatherTech in-channel deflectors WITH TINTED front windows??

If the piece goes on the outside but takes up space in the window channel, would or does it slightly push window inwards (mm) and would it slowly peel the tint as window goes up daily?!?

#11 · (Edited)
I had these on my Tundra with tinted windows for 6 years with no issues. I have bought them for my FJ too, just waiting for them to deliver. The windows on my FJ aren't tinted though.

Btw they don't make MT mats so don't try...
Does anyone make for the MT? I looked at Husky Liners and it looks like they only make for the AT as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.