Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum - View Single Post - "Selling the FJ, what is the next logical step for crawling?"
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 09:23 AM Thread Starter
dreamgiver
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Re: "Selling the FJ, what is the next logical step for crawling?"

Quote:
amaclach previously said: View Post
There's two ways to do what you want - you could:
1) Throw money at it, buying another vehicle that will allow you to cruise over the obstacles etc. (a helicopter would be perfect)
2) Develop the required talent.

There is of course a third way - you could make a few relatively cheap mods to the FJ and take the middle road.
Do you have lockers front & rear? Have you looked at swaybar disconnects? Have you considered long travel arms up front?
That way would be my preference - The easy way isn't the fun way. I like to build my skills first, but maybe that's just me.
Swaybars are gone, rear locker and front a-trac, LT in the rear, LT in the front is a lot of money for not a lot of gain IMO. I hear you about the skills part. But when you get to an obstacle that is as high as your headlights, not much you can do with your mad skills. Levitation did not work.

2010 FJC 4X4 AT, K&N air filter, 305/70/17 MT/Rs or Duratracs, NestahEdition Firestik II antenna, AllPro rock sliders, TRS HID headlights, Stebel Nautilus marine, Icon Stage 5, Total Chaos UCAs, ExpeditionOne WyoOtto bumper with Warn Zeon 10S and PIAA 510 Xtreme, Spidertrax 1.25" spacers, BMC, Ellis Precision stuff, AllPro spindle gussets, FJToyman shock skids, Boztec rear diff skid, Infinity speakers w rattle trap, Budbilt skids

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome