Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum - View Single Post - What did you do TO your FJ Cruiser TODAY?
View Single Post
post #44109 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 11:58 AM
cmg1012

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Re: What did you do TO your FJ Cruiser TODAY?

Quote:
FJFool previously said: View Post
That's a Warrior Products Platform rack, yeah? It won't be long before I'll be wanting to mount some traction boards to mine. It's good to see a simple u-bolt+bracket+long-bolt set-up will get the job done.
Yes, love the WP rack! Depending on which boards you get (how well they stack and final thickness) you can use a long bolt. Longest I found was 5" but this was not long enough for me... (insert joke here). The Maxsa boards don't stack up as well as something like the Maxtrax.

I ended up buying 3' of 5/16" threaded rod and cut each piece to size. Ended up with 7 1/4" per "bolt".
The U-Bolts are 5/16" x 1 3/8" x 2 1/4".
The steel bracket is cut from 1/8" x 1 1/2" weld steel.
The knob nuts are from Lowe's, obviously in 5/16".

Eventually I will take down the bolts and drill them out for cotter pins as the knobs don't really "tighten down" on the tracks, they snug up to them but the more you twist them on the more the boards flex down (as they should). I didn't lose the knobs on the road after 1500 miles but I think for safety I'll add pins later on or think of a way to secure the knobs.

| Warrior Products platform rack | Bigfoot rooftop tent | OME 885/898 coils | OME Nitrocharger Sport shocks | ProComp front UCAs | CaliFab rear LCAs | Cooper S/T MAXX 285/70/17 | Rhino-Rack Batwing awning | Smittybilt M1 rear bumper | Expedition One WyoOtto front bumper | SmittyBilt X2O 10K Synthetic rope winch | Odyssey 34R PC1500 Battery | ARB CKMA12 on-board air |

Last edited by cmg1012; 05-30-2019 at 12:01 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome