Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum - View Single Post - What did you do TO your FJ Cruiser TODAY?
View Single Post
post #44171 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 12:08 PM
Lee44
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 469 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: What did you do TO your FJ Cruiser TODAY?

My alternator voltage booster (fuse) came in from HKB Electronics yesterday.

Name:  7.5AMBF.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  6.9 KB

When I installed it the battery voltage was 11.88, FJ had been sitting and the ODBII module was plugged in. I've since decided to remove the adapter and unplug the dash cam before letting her sit.

Installed the fuse (50/50 chance is no chance) and it was backwards. Installed again and started. Voltage went up to 14.57. Before installing the fuse was 13.95. Both taken at fast idle at startup. Never seen it over 14.0 that I can recall.

On Torque Pro using the voltage from the 'control module' I get approx. 2.5 volts lower than the reading at the battery.

Need a nice ride now to see if the battery gets fully charged..

Used my trusty Tek 916.

What did you do TO your FJ Cruiser TODAY?-img_0119.jpg

Jade -- 2013 Army Green AT Crawl -- US Offroad Winch Mount / Warn 10K synthetic -- BMC -- Light Racing Upper Control Arms -- Bilstein 6112 / OME rear springs / Bilstein 5100 -- Metal-Tech Red Eye Rear Bumper -- URD Stainless Exhaust -- Cooper STT Pro LT285/70R17 E / Factory Alloys -- Smittybilt Nerf Bars -- Diode Dynamics / Light Bar / HID / LEDS -- Springtail Solutions Side Rack -- Ellis Precision - Goodies -- Cobra 75 WX ST / Bandi / 3' Firefly -- Front Runner Storage Drawer

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome