Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum - View Single Post - My Icon Suspension Needs To Be Rebuilt.... Again
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 03:08 AM
ArupFJ
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Re: My Icon Suspension Needs To Be Rebuilt.... Again

Quote:
lamabamalane previously said: View Post
Hello. So I have had icon stage 1 on my Fj Cruiser for about 4 years. I had to rebuild it about a year ago and now one of the coilovers is leaking some weird fluid. It has worked great off road but has always ridden stiff as hell on road. I have heard many people complain about the Icon suspension reliability and I regret my purchase.

So I need to do something with my suspension. I dont want to rebuild it because its probably going to break again in the future. Whats the most reliable and best riding suspension that will lift my FJ 2.5 inches? Im doing an overland build so keep in mind the added weight. Im thinking of going with toytech since they are only about 40 minutes away from me and my mechanic says they have had great luck with them.

PS: I live in Colorado and did not use the coilover covers in the winter and do not keep the suspension all that clean. Could this be the root of the problem?

Thanks!
Bilstein 6112 with 5160 best suited for overland, keep the front at 3rd notch for 2.5" lift.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome