Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

What did you do TO your FJ Cruiser TODAY?

9M views 52K replies 3K participants last post by  FatJohnson 
#1 · (Edited)
This may sound weird but we are always doing something like 4x4, washing , a good coat of wax picture, a new sticker, wheels, lift, super charger or just an oil change the point is what you did today to or with the FJ cruiser.
This is my favorite thread on the jeep forum and probably the most popular in their entire forum with over two million posts, So why not here? I'll start it off and its up to all of us to keep it going. :cheers:

1. Today I added a headliner supercharger sticker to my windshield after giving her a bath.

See less See more
#44,229 ·
I use Mothers Back to Black liberally applied.
So I gave Mothers Back to Black a shot, and I'm super impressed so far. Absolutely worth the $7. Dirty faded running boards for contrast. I opted not to treat them since they stay super dusty, and I plan to replace them soon with sliders. I'll probably clean them off once they're off the truck, then store or sell them.
At some point I'll have to repaint (maybe plasti dip?) the black trim on the bottom of the doors. The passenger side isn't bad, but the driver's side has a few areas that are flaking off.

Attachments

#44,234 ·

Got some new shoes installed. Still debating on white lettering it out or not.
Even though you've already got that black on white contrast that looks awesome, I still think white lettering in looks better. Just my 2 cents.

#44,235 ·
Even though you've already got that black on white contrast that looks awesome, I still think white lettering in looks better. Just my 2 cents.
Another vote for white letters. I'd have done it if my tires would have come with white letters!

#44,237 ·
Some of y’all might find this odd since most people change out the OEM head unit for an aftermarket screen.

When I bought the FJ it had an aftermarket screen in it (kenwood ddx477bh). I have an iPhone and this is an android audio unit, so I didn’t care for how it worked and couldn’t use the features.

I got on eBay and found a used OEM stereo head unit and swapped it out this evening.

Also, my wife really liked the look of the white stereo surround, so I bought one of those off eBay as well and replaced it while I replaced the head unit.

Now I wish I could find the white panels for the doors to switch our, but after a little research apparently they aren’t available.

Attachments

#44,238 ·
Some of y’all might find this odd since most people change out the OEM head unit for an aftermarket screen.

When I bought the FJ it had an aftermarket screen in it (kenwood ddx477bh). I have an iPhone and this is an android audio unit, so I didn’t care for how it worked and couldn’t use the features.

I got on eBay and found a used OEM stereo head unit and swapped it out this evening.

Also, my wife really liked the look of the white stereo surround, so I bought one of those off eBay as well and replaced it while I replaced the head unit.

Now I wish I could find the white panels for the doors to switch our, but after a little research apparently they aren’t available.
Gday,
Looks great..
You can always paint them, or vinyl wrap the door inserts...
Cheers
Baz
:blueblob:

#44,239 ·
Agree with Baz, white vinyl is the way to go, I added some vinyl to my plain black plastic panels and considering swapping it out for white

Attachments