Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum - View Single Post - Expedition One Mule Expedition Ultra Rack
View Single Post
post #95 of (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 06:36 PM
406cruiser

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Re: Expedition One Mule Expedition Ultra Rack

Quote:
Desmopilot previously said: View Post
Those brackets look great! I was just thinking how bummed I am that there are still no mounting solutions from Exp 1. I would be very interested in brackets to mount a side awning. I don't have a brand picked out, but would roll with whatever model you could build the mount for. Have you thought of any other ideas, say Rotopax mounts?

I'm securing my Tred boards using the Tred mount and a couple reinforced gun belts to strap it down. Very secure but I wish it was more developed like the stuff you're fabricating.
Yeah it is definitely a bummer. To have such a well designed and executed roof rack and then not have any mounting solutions for it is a bit unfortunate.

I do believe that most of the awnings use a very similar bolt spacing but I am not 100% sure on that. Would be no issue to fabricate an awning mount for the exact awning you end up running. As you can see I opted for the Rhino Rack batwing awning.

The fabricator I use to weld up all my design ideas just finished up with the RTT load bars right before the weekend. I'll post some pics when I get them uploaded but I thought I would be able to get my arm under the tent to fasten a bolt and nut on either side of the load bar but I soon realized that would be impossible to do with the load bars that came with the rack. I left some that would be underneath the tent with the thought that I might be able to slide a table under the tent but the way I designed the RTT load bars I wanted the tent to sit as low as possible and sit just above the sides of the rack, which we accomplished but there is less room under there then I imagined! Pics to follow that will make this clear and I'll explain more of the design of the RTT load bar.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome