Road Armour From Bumpers (Interests/Help/Aussie purchase) - Page 3 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 05:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Road Armour From Bumpers (Interests/Help/Aussie purchase)

Seems like a good competition winch bar; but next to useless if you twig a skippy or emu. Might as well have nothing there at all in my view, the angle is going to throw whatever wildlife you hit straight onto the bonnet / windscreen.

Have you guys considered the Warn winch bar? Might already be stockists in Aus like Opposite Lock, and save you the effort of international shipping.

Cool to see you guys already doing group buys from the states; keen to get in on them at somepoint.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 05:18 AM Thread Starter
Banned

(Thread Starter)

^ that looks like a total horses arse !

Please keep all other talk of alternatives out of this thread as well as alternate comments as well please.

This thread is just about people who love this product and want it nothing else is important to us

Hope that did not read too harsh????? just like to keep it on track, thanks.

Last edited by RICE RACING; 07-02-2011 at 05:30 AM.
post #23 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 05:54 AM

Lifetime Supporting Member

Rice,

Chill my FJ brother from another mother!
Not trying to undercut your new product stocking or potential clientele. I have zero affiliation with any bar companies or anyone else in the trade, so it means little to me. Bars fall into the category of “horses for courses” in my opinion.

If you’re a casual weekend 4x4er driving on coastal / hinterland forestry tracks or an urban cowboy, then this is a great bar, similarly if you’re entering a winch challenge. However if you plan on venturing out west or into the deserts, I’d reckon on having your insurance broker on speed dial.

Not to sound like a big swinging dick, but I’ve done plenty of crossings of the Simpson, Cape York, Canning Stock Route, etc. and I think almost every time at least one car in our crew (usually about 5) has hit something. Last time in the Tanami it was a camel, rest assured, no bar is gonna help in that situation! Totally f*cked an ARB bar on a 100 Series

Just food for thought buddy; no disrespect or anything. Appreciate your just trying to keep the forum on track.

Best of luck with Road Armour.

Last edited by BergerMiester; 07-02-2011 at 05:58 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 06:02 AM Thread Starter
Banned

(Thread Starter)

No worries mate, understood.

I am just after this type as it looks sweet and its not gay plastic std crap Someone can back into it and not crunch my **** up if you know what I mean. Or I can tap a skippy and not ruin my trip with bits of broken plastic hanging out the front of the car
post #25 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 06:45 AM
Forum Regular

Quote:
RICE RACING previously said: View Post
^ I Love you Neil (not in a gay way)

Should I update the first post with a list of people who would buy one of these?????

Then I can resend a request to the manufacturer? we can then ship it on a boat to save freight? just throwing up idea's.
Hi RICE RACING
I am definetly interested,depends on weight and cost,once i see those i would be able to give a firm answer,well done on the work you are doing by negotiating with road armour!
regards
AUSSIE CRUISER
post #26 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 08:51 AM
Forum Regular

Riceman

Throw my name down for one (light bar model) pending pricing and info on weights, etc.

Cheers
Brad

Last edited by turbulence; 07-02-2011 at 09:00 AM.
post #27 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-03-2011, 04:02 AM Thread Starter
Banned

(Thread Starter)

Updated!

This is good, all my creative energy is going into sorting all this stuff out and other FJ plans for the FJ community across the [email protected]!!! and it takes away from my anger of not having my car yet!!!!

post #28 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-03-2011, 04:46 AM

LOL, if you can get your hands on the underbody kit you will have a fan (Customer) in me

Cheers
FJGav
post #29 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-03-2011, 05:10 AM

Hate to be killjoy, but I'm pretty sure that these bars will be illegal in Australia. Only because of the two protruding connection points either side of the winch.

Quote:
For safety reasons it is illegal to have:

Any attachment or protrusion forward of the bull bar or bumper bar which presents a danger to other road users. Minor protrusions forward of the bull bar or bumper bar such as a spotlight, or fairleads required for the operation of a winch, are permitted providing the protrusion is the minimum necessary and is blunt or protected to minimise any risk of injury to vulnerable road users.

Any sharp or ragged edge or corner on a bull bar which could cause injury to a person or damage to a vehicle.

Any bull bar or other attachment that does not allow the driver a view of the road and of the traffic to the front and side of the vehicle so that the driver can drive the vehicle safely.
If not illegal, would be very close I imagine? Might be worth getting this looked at. Either clarified, modified or removed. Just trying to help Rice, not be a pain.
post #30 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-03-2011, 06:00 AM Thread Starter
Banned

(Thread Starter)

It is blunt to me? (and is minimal in protrusion to front most point), and I don't care, I'll still have one for my car. If anyone objects you can grind it off and paint ............. simple.

The rollers on a winch stick out more and are more of a hazard than two vertical lugs.

Don't be too Australia and buckle to BS interpretations of laws etc, be a man

p.s. that law is more to do with BS bars like the ARB LOL! which have massive **** edges on them which would catch a pedestrian lol v's this great piece !!! DONT LOOSE ANY SLEEP OR BE PARANOID ABOUT IT MATE!!! THESE BARS ARE SICK AS FUK AND NOTHING WILL STOP ME RUNNING ONE, IF PEOPLE WANT IT THEN GET ON IT!!! IF NOT THEN DON'T IF YOU WANT ONE WITHOUT LUGS THEN THAT IS OK TOO< JUST LET ME KNOW AND I WILL ASK FOR YOU TOO!!!

This picture illustrates my point of the lugs NOT being furthest out, so NOTHING to worry about [email protected]!

Last edited by RICE RACING; 07-03-2011 at 06:31 AM.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Regional Forums > Australia

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in