post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 09:51 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 607 Post(s)
Re: Group buy anywhere?

Quote:
Prerunner221 previously said: View Post
Tacomaworld.com has a much better vendor section than this site. There's just a lot more people. I've been to a few of the Florida meet and greet / wheeling trips and they usually bring out 50-60 trucks so if you like weekend wheeling trips, check out their trip threads too.
Yes, I think it is entirely driven by the number of Tacomas that are on the road. Much bigger market than FJs.

My advice is to watch the www.TacomaWorld.com and Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum forums for group buys. You will see some of the same vendors and same people in all three forums. The downside to all this is that limited group buys can sell out quickly. For example, Prinsu Racks had a group buy with over 150 buyers and dozens that wanted on the wait list. So even if they have more, you still gotta stay up on what's being offered and be timely about joining.

Also note that forums are more than just buying clubs. And, i will say that the forums each seem to have a different personality. I have seen some real nastiness on the TacomaWorld forums that is not present here. The Toyota-4Runner.org forum falls somewhere in between FJCruiserForums and TacomaWorld (just my opinion about what I have seen - others may think differently).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 04:33 PM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
SilvFx previously said: View Post
Yes, I think it is entirely driven by the number of Tacomas that are on the road. Much bigger market than FJs.

My advice is to watch the www.TacomaWorld.com and Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum forums for group buys. You will see some of the same vendors and same people in all three forums. The downside to all this is that limited group buys can sell out quickly. For example, Prinsu Racks had a group buy with over 150 buyers and dozens that wanted on the wait list. So even if they have more, you still gotta stay up on what's being offered and be timely about joining.

Also note that forums are more than just buying clubs. And, i will say that the forums each seem to have a different personality. I have seen some real nastiness on the TacomaWorld forums that is not present here. The Toyota-4Runner.org forum falls somewhere in between FJCruiserForums and TacomaWorld (just my opinion about what I have seen - others may think differently).

Agreed. This is a great forum with lots of info, it's just lacking in the group buys due to the size limitations. It just makes sense for vendors to hit the sites with more members.

https://scontent-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/t31.0-8/11251771_10153259218184494_3744150188675797328_o.j  pg
2008 FJ Cruiser, ARB // Warn // Smittybilt // Lightforce // Rigid // AllPro // XD // Toyo // Old Man Emu // Pioneer // Cobra // Springtail // RCI // Baja Rack // GZillaDesigns // Maxtrax //Trasharoo // BetterBuilt // Dometic // Orangeboxx
INSTAGRAM: Jade_Overland
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-06-2016, 03:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage

Dang, bought my rig a little too late! I'm keeping an eye out for the next sale. =]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 01:49 AM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
I procrastinated on the sale. Anyone else having a great sale on Baja Racks?!

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Vendors > Bajarack Adventure Equipment

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in