Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Last chance to get Scepter 20L cans? Please read

5K views 38 replies 13 participants last post by  Blackicebob 
#1 · (Edited)
Thought I would alert those interested......lot of discussion on a previous recent thread in this forum. Wanted those who participated in that thread to see my last entry....which was.....

"Talked to a tech at Scepter this morning and told her I had just purchased two Sand cans with the arabic writing. Called to check on the gasket and the use of gas in the diesel tank. She said tank was same and also the good viton gasket...so gas or diesel can be used in the ones I got.
Just thought I would mention it for anyone wanting the sand colored tanks. She also said to "take good care of them" as no more to non military agency. Said some surplus stores, ebay, etc., may have some still available. I immediately called Dave's Surplus in B.C. He said he had to put in a new order soon as they had an apparent run on tanks last week.....wonder why...lol. I ordered two more sand colored ones and the other smaller spout. That way I'm fixed with four tanks and both spouts.
If you're thinking about getting some Scepter tanks, I would do it now while they still have stock. I'm not sure how their new order to Scepter might be received. Perhaps they are ok being in Canada.....but if Scepter is going military agency only, these might be the last available. Just food for thought.":mecry:

Hope this helps those who want some of these incredible tanks. They also have the olive with red straps (gas). Here's the link....

https://dstactical.com/index.php?cPath=226_227

See less See more
#4 ·
Depends, probably about $30 to NJ.

#6 ·
People would probably get the sand to go with their Sandstotm FJ. I plan on getting a Sandstorm FJ soon, so that's why I got the sand color. Tanks are the same and gaskets are also viton on the sand color, which can be used for either gas or deisel. Just individual color preference....

#9 ·
Just got my order in. I ended up getting (4) 20L gas, (2) 20L water, and (2) 19mm spouts.

Hope I'm not too late.
You should get an additional email informing you that the order status indicates "in shipping" sometime after you order has been received and processed ....probably tomorrow if placed late today. Then you can sit back and wait for arrival.:bigthumb:

#11 ·
Okay....I don't get it....

Your Canadian dealer has them for $54.99--which I imagine is CN$, not US$. I have ordered three times from Brigade Quartermasters and I paid $39.99 (US) for the olive/red strap and they have the sand ones for $42.99 (US). There is also a code you can put in for free shipping.

So.............is the Canadian deal all that great? Is this new math? ;)

#28 ·
It had this disclaimer on their website when I ordered (and subsequently received) mine a few weeks ago. Has anybody tried any of their brick & mortar storefronts? They have to be sitting on some inventory that the military just doesn't want (i.e. gas can vs. diesel cans).

#15 ·
Several of us tryed last week VoodooBob. The game has changed. They only sell directly to military agencies. Other US sources have also quit selling them.

We snoozed and we loozed. :rofl:

You can get the metal Webco CARB cans still though.

#16 ·
Thanks, Woodsman. Like I said, I have ordered multiple times from Brigade QM. I just put in an order for 2. I'll let you know "one way or the other" what they say.

What was the exchange rate when you ordered from Canada? Did the price go down or up? Or is the price listed on the website the US price?

THANKS!

#24 ·
thanks guys for the heads up on this... i ordered from Dave's last nite and I just got the fedex pickup confirmation and I am in texas a carb state, for those of you that have ordered from Canada, how long did it take for you to get your cans, I ordered two green with red collars... Thanks again, I went ahead and ordered mine for the fact that these may be a thing of the past if they are not going to sell at all to any civilians... in any country...

#29 ·
I'm in Washington and I ordered my first two on the 12th with Fedex pickup on the 13th. Received them on the 17th. My second two go out today. But again...I'm fairly close to British Columbia. You should get yours mid to end of next week. Click on that confirmation # from Fedex later today or tomorrow and you'll see where your package is and the expected delivery date. Glad you got some.

#30 ·
BRIGADE QUARTERMASTERS UPDATE!

Rule #1: Don't ever doubt the Woodsman.
Rule #2: When in doubt, refer to rule #1.

Brigade called me and left me a voicemail. My order is cancelled and cans are no longer available to the general public in the 50 states.

Glad I have four already! :)

I wonder if I will still be able to order water ones??? Maybe they would work.... :lol: Danger is my middle name....

#33 · (Edited)
BRIGADE QUARTERMASTERS UPDATE!

Rule #1: Don't ever doubt the Woodsman.
Rule #2: When in doubt, refer to rule #1.

Brigade called me and left me a voicemail. My order is cancelled and cans are no longer available to the general public in the 50 states.

Glad I have four already! :)

I wonder if I will still be able to order water ones??? Maybe they would work.... :lol: Danger is my middle name....

I just ordered a 20L black water one from them this morning. It was cheaper at Brigade and a coupon for free shipping....$29.99 total. So yes you can order them....keep us posted on how they work for gas will ya...lol.

#32 ·
They mentioned something about the CARB rules as if they were going into effect for everyone by Jan 1st, 2009. I had never heard this but at the same time we are nowhere close to 2009 so it shouldn't matter yet. She didn't care for my line of questioning though.

#36 ·
The black plastic is the same as the red plastic material I am sure.

Someone will figure out an adequate gasket/nozzle configuration for gas and we will be back in business circumventing the new safety or enviro regulation (good enough for the military and aid organizations...but not for civilians I guess). Maybe "Tan" can be the new "Red":bigthumb:

#37 ·
When I kept seeing guys post their tracking/confirmation info, I started to wonder why I hadn't received any info from FedEx since I placed my order on 6/12. I called DS and they weren't sure why I didn't get a tracking number but they tracked my package to Ohio (the FedEx hub is in Ohio) so my cans should be here today or tomorrow. :)

#38 ·
My two green with red stripe were picked up on the 17th and were in Portland on the 19th. Total cost charged to my card for two cans and smaller spout was $137. Shipped to So Cal.

#39 ·
Wow. Shipped to So Cal? Nice--beat the crap out of CARB, didn't you? :rocker::rocker:

:bigthumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.