Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

This thing on 4Runner roof!

7K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  Bad Wolf 
#1 ·
Hello every one

Anyone knows what’s this thing on the roof of this 4Runner? Just saw it on highway and it was so weird, it’s not tint of awning, it had hard material, something like a standing deck and it looks like folds out in different directions. Sorry that’s the only pic I could take.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
It is a GFC RTT. Looks like they have kits for the FJ.

Attachments

Reactions: longtooth and Lee44
#11 ·
The most expensive FJ hard hat on the market.

#15 ·
Real men sleep on the ground. They use a rock for a pillow and a bear for a blanket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#20 ·
Real men sleep on the ground. They use a rock for a pillow and a bear for a blanket.
I held that view, too, until I became woke. Now, as a real man, I sleep wherever I want, don't need a pillow, and eschew bears for a companion of suitable gender (female in my case). Bears do not like to be poked.

Besides, in itty bitty Texas :)wink) they have something called a rattlesnake. They pretty much confine themselves to the ground. That is NFG.

I concur with all comments concerning RTTs being not so good for the following reason: Too high in the air. Too far from the ground. (Now in my 8th decade of life, I know that gravity is the law. The penalty for breaking it is pain. Sometimes more, sometimes less.)

#16 ·
:crying When you find that 'bear' in Texas, call me. I've only seen tracks from one in the state, deep in the Davy Crockett forest.

We did see a panther a couple years back, same park. The idiot fed rangers said it was a bobcat, but no bobcat I ever seen was that big or black. Glad my son (TPWD Ranger) was with me, or else people would claim it was my sumtimers disease acting up..

#19 ·
^ I sleep on a cot while out camping but it's under awning/room. A tent cot would make things a lot easier as the awning/room takes some time to build up, break down, and clean. I'll look into a tent cot for my next adventure. Thanks!

Reactions: thane
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.