Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Cabela's XPG HID Aluminum Spotlight?

4K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Razor J 
#1 · (Edited)
Has anyone used the Cabela's XPG HID Aluminum Spotlight? Cabela's XPG HID Aluminum Spotlight

I was also looking at the Steamlight 45621... Amazon.com: Streamlight 45621 HID Lite Box 120V AC 12V DC, Black: Home Improvement

The Cabela XPG HID has similar specs to the Steamlight Litebox, but the cabelas version is aluminum and has a lithium rechargable battery versus the plastic steamlight's lead-acid battery.

I need a spotlight that yields an insane amount of light over a broad area. The 35w HID's seem to be the most powerful I've found so far unless anyone has any suggestions.

We camp out at tactical paintball and play the night games there, some of the players are running around with nightvision, I want to field a high powered spot light to blind the goggles and to allow my team to view enemies and terrain features.

Anyways, if anyone has used these products or has a better alternative for a high powered hand held spot light, let me know. Thanks.

Edit:
I also see the Cabela's HID Spotlight are those 10 minutes and 500 lumens extra the XPG has worth 450~$ ?

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
FYI, there are flashlights that are the size of you pinky and cost $500.

On the CPF forums, there are good reviews about the Power on Board HID Spotlight. Power on Board(POB) HID first impressions - CandlePowerForums Cost is around ~$75 last time I checked. I've been meaning to pick one up from eBay, but I end buying other lights instead.

EDIT: Also, there are people that mod Maglites to >1000 lumens running with rechargeable batteries for those "guilt free lumens." Though the cost of building one will be more than the POB spotlight that I mentioned.

#5 ·
I think we can all agree that if you have the money, somebody out there has an item you want that just so happens to correspond to the amount of money you have.

The Power on Board look a bit promising, I'll do some more research on it

#6 ·
OP: 'We camp out at tactical paintball and play the night games there, some of the players are running around with nightvision, I want to field a high powered spot light to blind the goggles and to allow my team to view enemies and terrain features.'

Nice way to incapacitate the enemy. I like it...and cheaper than night vision for your team.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.