Top 10 Most Difficult Colorado Trails For an FJC - Page 9 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Colorado This is a forum for Colorado events, get togethers, and happenings.

54Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 117 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 423 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
(Thread Starter)
Re: Top 10 Most Difficult Colorado Trails For an FJC

Reviving a very old but fun thread...moved Blanca ahead of Holy Cross for sustained brutality now that I've run both.

Jessica

2011 Cavalry Blue with some added stuff.

Quote:
Iconic_ previously said:
Donít be afraid to use your rig! Dents can be popped out, scratches can be buffed out, but in the end the memories you have make it so worth it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 117 (permalink) Old 10-15-2016, 05:05 PM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)

Quote:
FJess previously said: View Post
Reviving a very old but fun thread...moved Blanca ahead of Holy Cross for sustained brutality now that I've run both.
Blanca was definitely the toughest trail I have done. Thankfully Brock and I made it through undamaged. Have not had a chance to run holy cross yet.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
FJess likes this.

Thanks to all the locals who have offered great deals and help to make my build possible!

KCMP BUILD THREAD
post #83 of 117 (permalink) Old 10-15-2016, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
KC Masterpiece previously said: View Post
Blanca was definitely the toughest trail I have done. Thankfully Brock and I made it through undamaged. Have not had a chance to run holy cross yet.

Did you guys bypass Jaws 3 or go over it? That seemed to be the lower control arm killer when I was there.

Looking for some other trails to add. Couldn't stand seeing Crystal Mountain on the list so I replaced it with the south fork of Halfmoon Creek (which isn't super hard). I really don't think Eagle Rock belongs there either...any ideas for replacements? I'm thinking 21 Road right above Spring Creek.

Jessica

Quote:
Iconic_ previously said:
Donít be afraid to use your rig! Dents can be popped out, scratches can be buffed out, but in the end the memories you have make it so worth it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #84 of 117 (permalink) Old 10-15-2016, 05:50 PM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)

Quote:
FJess previously said: View Post
Did you guys bypass Jaws 3 or go over it? That seemed to be the lower control arm killer when I was there.

Looking for some other trails to add. Couldn't stand seeing Crystal Mountain on the list so I replaced it with the south fork of Halfmoon Creek (which isn't super hard). I really don't think Eagle Rock belongs there either...any ideas for replacements? I'm thinking 21 Road right above Spring Creek.
We both went over. I upgraded my lcas right before we went and scratched them up but no real hits. My tcase skid plate was another story. We were trying to find where Laddy broke his but couldn't. Was it around here?

That is jaws 3 right? There was some confusion on our part.

Thanks to all the locals who have offered great deals and help to make my build possible!

KCMP BUILD THREAD
post #85 of 117 (permalink) Old 10-15-2016, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

(Thread Starter)

That looks like Jaws 3. It's the only one with a bypass, if that helps.

Jessica

Quote:
Iconic_ previously said:
post #86 of 117 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 03:13 PM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

Holy dead forum batman. Anyway, I think French Creek on Holy Cross ups the ante over anything on Blanca personally, but I really want another run at Holy Cross now that I have a front locker. I could see Blanca being more intimidating though, there's certainly more exposure and sense of isolation. Jaws 4 looked like a hell of a time, we didn't make an attempt but I'd like to if we were in a slightly larger group and had more time.

Also, to your signature Jess - I like wheeling land cruisers because I like land cruisers, yes...but I also do it because I don't like breaking on the trail. The first other vehicle we saw on the Rubicon was a Jeep dead in the water right smack in the middle of the trail.

"Professionals are predictable, but the world is full of amateurs."
post #87 of 117 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
B. Rock previously said: View Post
Holy dead forum batman. Anyway, I think French Creek on Holy Cross ups the ante over anything on Blanca personally, but I really want another run at Holy Cross now that I have a front locker. I could see Blanca being more intimidating though, there's certainly more exposure and sense of isolation. Jaws 4 looked like a hell of a time, we didn't make an attempt but I'd like to if we were in a slightly larger group and had more time.

Also, to your signature Jess - I like wheeling land cruisers because I like land cruisers, yes...but I also do it because I don't like breaking on the trail. The first other vehicle we saw on the Rubicon was a Jeep dead in the water right smack in the middle of the trail.
Hey there! Yeah, this forum seems to have gotten pretty dead.

I agree that French Creek is a harder single obstacle than anything on Blanca but moved Blanca up due to relentlessness. Blanca reminded me more of the Rubicon in terms of not letting up than any other trail I've run before or since. I could go either way though on those two.

When did you run the Rubicon? Plenty of dead/dying Jeeps on that one. Only time I had to pull cable on that trail was to pull out a turtled Jeep.

Jessica

Quote:
Iconic_ previously said:
post #88 of 117 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 04:36 PM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

We ran it this past summer with an old friend of mine who has moved out to the area. It was a little interesting because he wasn't used to spotting a cruiser through there (and his JK is built up massively so it was mostly point and shoot for him) and my MTZs are close to end of life so they weren't doing me any favors. We were also loaded for a 5 week trip, so we had to be pushing 7k lbs. We pulled line more than I wanted, 1x due to driver error, 2x due to spotter (I should have checked the line myself), and 1x due to sand on top of rocks sliding me into a really bad spot. 3 of those could have been avoided if we took a little more time. The last one...maybe if I brought a broom or had newer tires? I'd do it again though - great trail, great time, and we didn't take any damage. It's just really far away to drive there, hammer on a vehicle for 2-3 days, then have that vehicle be responsible for getting you home.
FJess likes this.

"Professionals are predictable, but the world is full of amateurs."
post #89 of 117 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 11:37 PM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)

Hope to get down to CO one of these days.

Last edited by NVDojo; 12-22-2016 at 11:43 PM.
post #90 of 117 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 11:54 PM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
NVDojo previously said: View Post
Hope to get down to CO one of these days.
If you ever make it down this way, get in touch!
NVDojo likes this.

Jessica

Quote:
Iconic_ previously said:

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Regional Forums > South West Region > Colorado

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in