Make these 3 Forum Mods and I Will Become a Life Member - Page 5 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 01:48 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Make these 3 Forum Mods and I Will Become a Life Member

Don't click here: https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...ules-mods.html

Last edited by 57945; 08-15-2013 at 04:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 01:59 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1039 Post(s)

I`m not sure how it works on other forums, but yes I agree that there are scumbags out here just to cause negative crap... I`ve seen it for years on the ski/boat forums, there is always someone who knows it all no matter where you net...

as a (past) moderator I was constantly battling bad info. Info that if followed by other newbs would also jeopardize their safety... when I see a claw hammer and wood glue used on watercraft that usually sends up a RED flag to that persons ability to not only maintain but MOD their watercraft...
My point is, they are all over the net. I`ve wasted countless hours trying to help the all knowing.
My attitude now is, it`s your rig, do what you want and how you want. hail to chicken wire and duct tape, and I`m sure there are people that own FJ`s that shouldn`t open the hood either... but that`s not the issue, this good forum is a great tool, but at the same time some people should just not attempt to wrench... it is a safety issue...

if you can understand where I am coming from, or agree to disagree

my original comment was about the same individuals constantly seeking help or many questions and never heading the advice or following thru and then getting into trouble and back on the forum... I`m not a told you so kinda person, but will avoid these people in the future, and this is here...

Last edited by 51062; 01-10-2013 at 02:02 PM.
post #43 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 09:47 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Pale Rider previously said: View Post
I`m not sure how it works on other forums, but yes I agree that there are scumbags out here just to cause negative crap... I`ve seen it for years on the ski/boat forums, there is always someone who knows it all no matter where you net...

as a (past) moderator I was constantly battling bad info. Info that if followed by other newbs would also jeopardize their safety... when I see a claw hammer and wood glue used on watercraft that usually sends up a RED flag to that persons ability to not only maintain but MOD their watercraft...
My point is, they are all over the net. I`ve wasted countless hours trying to help the all knowing.
My attitude now is, it`s your rig, do what you want and how you want. hail to chicken wire and duct tape, and I`m sure there are people that own FJ`s that shouldn`t open the hood either... but that`s not the issue, this good forum is a great tool, but at the same time some people should just not attempt to wrench... it is a safety issue...

if you can understand where I am coming from, or agree to disagree

my original comment was about the same individuals constantly seeking help or many questions and never heading the advice or following thru and then getting into trouble and back on the forum... I`m not a told you so kinda person, but will avoid these people in the future, and this is here...
Totally agree
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 09:55 AM
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Don't click here: https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...ules-mods.html

Last edited by 57945; 08-15-2013 at 04:10 PM.
post #45 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 10:04 AM
Banned

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1039 Post(s)

Quote:
mattyrides07 previously said: View Post
Agreed. I quite enjoy this forum because I have yet to see "bad" information. People are very friendly, knowledgable, and respectful on here. It reminds me of my old sportbike club's forum in Vegas- everyone's in it for their passion, to make friends, and help the community.

One of the things I do miss here that we have in a few others is "Club 18 NSFW" sections...
believe it or not, I`ve seen private sections of forums really bring the forum down and the quality of membership. It lasted for a few years and I personally declined to view that sub forum.
Although I don`t consider myself racist I am for keeping the english speaking language in a forum. I have also seen where subforums for area`s ie: southeast, have allowed spanish language only threads which not to many could openly understand without a translation tool, and what was actually happening was this individual group of people were talking thefts and scams to and about other members behind their language. Eventually it caught the attention of the forum owner and the local law enforcement enacted on several thefts.
It is amazing what is allowed these days as long as it rakes in the profits from sales of sorts...

I also have a hard time with religious or political threads bc that is more opinion oriented. I do however have friends that live for the political arena forums and know their facts. Those types of forums by far are way more sophisticated than anything typed or read here... There are appropriate forums that exist for almost anything...

of course this is all my opinion.
I come here to read/relax/enjoy commentary about the FJ/motorsports and wandering chatter!

Last edited by 51062; 01-11-2013 at 10:08 AM.
post #46 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 11:24 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 269 Post(s)

Quote:
Pale Rider previously said: View Post
I also have a hard time with religious or political threads bc that is more opinion oriented. I do however have friends that live for the political arena forums and know their facts. Those types of forums by far are way more sophisticated than anything typed here... There are appropriate forums that exist for almost anything...

of course this is all my opinion.
I come here to read/relax/enjoy commentary about the FJ/motorsports and wandering chatter!
Can't agree with ya more on that......

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.

George S. Patton

βŁύẾֱֳֳֶָָmŢ6ֳֶֻ׃

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Community Help Section > Community Help

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in