Not getting daily updates to subscribed threads - Page 11 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
 3Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 109 (permalink) Old 03-21-2014, 01:01 PM
Administrator
 
Administrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,965
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Not getting daily updates to subscribed threads

Our Techs are still looking into the issue but we have not yet found a resolution. We're aware that there is something happening with our mail server since PM notifications are being sent out but thread notifications are not.

We will keep you posted with nay updates we find.

Thanks

~ dm, community support
Administrator is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #102 of 109 (permalink) Old 03-21-2014, 01:31 PM
Catalyst
 
OCR14a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: ~Boulder, CO | Off-Topic Posts: 1,473,954
Posts: 9,237
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to OCR14a
Lifetime Supporting Member
Thumbs up Re: Not getting daily updates to subscribed threads

Quote:
Administrator previously said: View Post
Our Techs are still looking into the issue but we have not yet found a resolution. We're aware that there is something happening with our mail server since PM notifications are being sent out but thread notifications are not.

We will keep you posted with nay updates we find.

Thanks

~ dm, community support
Just FYI, all e-mail notifications (Daily Forum Updates, Immediate Thread Updates and PM Notifications) now seem to be working for me.

The only thing that's different now is the fact that the daily ones used to come at 10:00 p.m. my time, but are now coming in throughout the night. The only thing I can think of on that is that there may have been a change in the VBulletin system to purposely stagger them in order to not choke the e-mail servers or something.



p.s. NOTE: Above post from Administrator dm copied and saved offline.
OCR14a is offline  
post #103 of 109 (permalink) Old 03-21-2014, 10:49 PM
Forum Superstar
 
FJ Moose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 4,691
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1572 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Not getting daily updates to subscribed threads


.

2013 Quicksand

Mikey previously said: "You guys are like built in forum spam........"

"Everything is easy after you figure out how to do it" -- Moose
.
"Memphis Beer & BBQ":
https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...er-bbq-28.html
.
"FJ Flirt":
https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...-fj-flirt.html

"Limb Risers":
https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...flector-3.html
.
"2013 Quicksand and Bronze Wheels":
https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...ml#post2357199

.
.
FJ Moose is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #104 of 109 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 06:59 AM
Catalyst
 
OCR14a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: ~Boulder, CO | Off-Topic Posts: 1,473,954
Posts: 9,237
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to OCR14a
Lifetime Supporting Member
Thumbs up Re: Not getting daily updates to subscribed threads

Quote:
OCR14a previously said: View Post
Just FYI, all e-mail notifications (Daily Forum Updates, Immediate Thread Updates and PM Notifications) now seem to be working for me.

The only thing that's different now is the fact that the daily ones used to come at 10:00 p.m. my time, but are now coming in throughout the night. The only thing I can think of on that is that there may have been a change in the VBulletin system to purposely stagger them in order to not choke the e-mail servers or something.



p.s. NOTE: Above post from Administrator dm copied and saved offline.
Just reporting back...

It has been another month, and as far as I can tell, even with the new site changes and all that, my notifications have been working properly for the past month since my last reply in this thread.

So, thanks for whatever you guys did to get it fixed.
AG Jeff likes this.
OCR14a is offline  
post #105 of 109 (permalink) Old 04-25-2014, 02:36 PM
Community Manager/Admin
 
AG Jeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Chicago
Posts: 171
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Not getting daily updates to subscribed threads

Quote:
OCR14a previously said: View Post
Just reporting back...

It has been another month, and as far as I can tell, even with the new site changes and all that, my notifications have been working properly for the past month since my last reply in this thread.

So, thanks for whatever you guys did to get it fixed.
Good to hear!

Jeff aka The Pun
Community Manager
AutoGuide.com
AG Jeff is offline  
post #106 of 109 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 07:36 AM
Catalyst
 
OCR14a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: ~Boulder, CO | Off-Topic Posts: 1,473,954
Posts: 9,237
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to OCR14a
Lifetime Supporting Member
Question Re: Not getting daily updates to subscribed threads

Quote:
AG Jeff previously said: View Post
Good to hear!
So....what did you guys find was the problem causing the notifications to not get delivered?

Also, what di you do to resolve it?

Obviously, nothing changed on our end.

I'm wanting to find out so that we can get the 'fix' recorded in order to help out in case it ever happens again.
OCR14a is offline  
post #107 of 109 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 08:08 AM
Community Manager/Admin
 
AG Jeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Chicago
Posts: 171
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Not getting daily updates to subscribed threads

Quote:
OCR14a previously said: View Post
So....what did you guys find was the problem causing the notifications to not get delivered?

Also, what di you do to resolve it?

Obviously, nothing changed on our end.

I'm wanting to find out so that we can get the 'fix' recorded in order to help out in case it ever happens again.
Something all the techs did on the back end, I try to stay in the front end where I am comfy with my peoples.

I will ask about the details and let you know.
Jeff

Jeff aka The Pun
Community Manager
AutoGuide.com
AG Jeff is offline  
post #108 of 109 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 09:22 PM
Forum Superstar
 
WILSON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dallas/Ft Worth, Texas
Posts: 9,334
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to WILSON
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Not getting daily updates to subscribed threads

I have not been getting reply or PM notifications all day.
WILSON is offline  
post #109 of 109 (permalink) Old 07-25-2014, 09:42 AM
Administrator
 
Administrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,965
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Not getting daily updates to subscribed threads

Can you go into your user cp and turn them off, log out clear your cookies and cache and log back in. Seems to be all set on this end.

KN Community Support
Administrator is offline  
Reply

  Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Community Help Section > Community Help

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome