dealership wants more money 10 days after sale??? - Page 4 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Dealer Negotiations/Test Driving This area is for purchasing help, dealer negotations as well as test driving impressions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 03:27 PM
Kokopelli Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: dealership wants more money 10 days after sale???

Rule #1: Don't ever offer to pay more money.
Rule #2: Say "Hmmm....that is not going to work for me."

Keep the cycle going until you get them to back off.

P.S. I would call the Ford dealer directly. Talk to the General Manager or the Dealer Principal (owner). Explain the distaste you have. Tell them you enjoyed your Ford and you will be looking at Ford in the future. This should get them to back off the $1500 extra charge!

2008 Black Diamond
Toytec|Ricochet|TRD|Quickfist|Camburg|Light Racing|Hella|Ellis|MetalTech|BajaRack|Nitto TerraGrappler|DISCOUNT TIRE
TLCA Member #18690
Made in Japan, but BUILT in the U.S.A.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 11:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

After a few more conversations about why i wasnt going to give them any more money, I was called an indecent human being and then the calls stopped. I checked today and they have officially paid off my ford and my new account is set up at toyota financial. First payment made today!! Thanks everyone for all the comments...im ready to put the dealership drama behind me and enjoy the car...which KICKS ASS so far.
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 11:45 PM

The dealer screwed up, not you. Its like an airliner flying you to your destination and later that night, knock on your hotel room to collect the fees they thought was on sale for your destination.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 01:21 AM
Forum Regular

Quote:
johndeeremale previously said: View Post
After a few more conversations about why i wasnt going to give them any more money, I was called an indecent human being and then the calls stopped. I checked today and they have officially paid off my ford and my new account is set up at toyota financial. First payment made today!! Thanks everyone for all the comments...im ready to put the dealership drama behind me and enjoy the car...which KICKS ASS so far.
My dealership did the same thing to me, but for about $120. What happened is that they got the correct buyout, but didn't pay my previous lien off right away. The dealership said they sent in the payoff the next day, but the bank said they received it a few weeks later. The $120 was additional interest that accumulated between the buyout quote and the time it was paid off. The dealership would absolutely not lift a finger to resolve this and blamed the bank, saying I had to contact them. I had to pay the extra amount and the dealership never made good on it.

About 5 years ago I had an Acura dealership make a mistake on a trade in, but I caught the mistake. I asked what would have happened if the mistake had not been caught and the business manager said they would have not paid off my trade in and I would have been stuck with 2 cars.

Rob
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 02:48 PM

What dealership was that in OC? I walked out of a Toyota dealership saying no deal and got bad vibes. I went to Garden Grove toyato and got a payoff and better FJ.
Just currious...

07' Titanium 4x4 A-track, Locker BFG AT's 1" spacer lift,Bandi mount and CB, Demello sliders and Demello Hi lift mounts,Hi Lift, 7in. HID 2512 6K off road lights. HID headlights 6K.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Dealer Negotiations/Test Driving

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in