My FJ Cruiser Buying Experience - Page 3 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Dealer Negotiations/Test Driving This area is for purchasing help, dealer negotations as well as test driving impressions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 05:58 AM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Re: My FJ Cruiser Buying Experience

Oh, and the buying experience was great! If anyone wants to buy a new FJ, I highly recommend talking to Harmeet at Fitzgerald. I was in and out in one hour! And could have been in less, but there was a problem with my insurance agend (24-hour service number is NOT!). Anyway, no problems, I had my stuff together, they had the FJ waiting, clean and with a full tank of gas. Didn't make me sit through the F+I BS (told them I wouldn't buy anything and he knew we had come a long ways, so they showed me the papers, and asked me to sign the *denied goodies* paper. It was a sweet, quick transaction.

Oh, if you do decide to give them a call, please tell them Michael McDonald sent you!

Insert Signature Here

"They want for my things that tick" -Mike5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 07:18 AM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

(Thread Starter)

Here's the price details:

FJ Cruiser 4x4, sun fusion with following options: FE, CQ, GY, UP, 9S, 5A, 2Q, S0, and DK, with a $605 delivery, processing and handling fee: MRSP of $30,018.00. Purchased (with no hassle AT ALL): $27,532! Plus $99 documentation fee.

that's $2,500 under MSRP, or there abouts.

I've called dozens of dealerships across the southeast over the last month. These guys were the lowest. And, as I said in previous posts, they were expedient and curtious. Ask for Harmeet, if you call. I'll post his direct number here (cell) as soon as I get permission.

Edit: Harmeet's direct cell number is: 240-643-7606 (Disclaimer: there's a $50 reward for referrals, so if you tell them I--Mike McDonald--sent you, I get $50. However, I would suggest going there even without the referral reward. I told Harmeet that I would pass on my great experience, and only after that did he tell me about the reward.)

To conclude (I suppose), here's a pic:

Insert Signature Here

Last edited by FJockey; 09-25-2006 at 12:46 PM.
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 06:46 PM

I picked mine up in Brockton,Mass from stevebcopelandtoyota on the forum at Copeland Toyota. He gave me $500 over invoice.
phone:508.894.3138

https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...andtoyota.html

This is the first time i say my FJ. Steve is in the picture too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 07:29 PM
Forum Regular

I paid sticker, was in and out in one hour and 45 mins. I got $800.00 over Kelly Blue Book for my trade and it was paid for, so those are real numbers. I couldn't be happier. Jim Barkley Toyota in Asheville.

" Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!"

De Opresso Liber!!!!

Slidin' but not slippin!!!!!
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 12:40 PM
Forum Regular

I wish I had known about this site before I bought. I live in the area of Fitz and would have definitely gone there.

I went to 4 Toyota dealerships this weekend, dealing with varying levels of salesmen incompetence and scummyness.

Finally bought my truck late saturday from a salesmen who was only moderately scummy but not entirely incompetent.

From my experiences this weekend I learned...

rear parking sensors are not offered on the FJ,
these cars are so popular no dealers are offering below msrp,
i can 'order' a FJ with just the options and color I want and it would arrive in 2 days,
running boards and rock rails are the same thing,
acid rain in MD will eat through the FJ's paint in only a few years unless i buy their treatment,
the bottom of the FJ is very noisy and will also rust quickly unless I buy their treatment

One tip for buyers which definately helped me out, go get a quote from car max before heading to the dealer. It doesnt take long, and there is no obligation.

It was a beautiful moment when I told the dealer someone offered me 4k more for my trade in than he was offering. He doubted me, and then to show him the paper work and see the .
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 11:22 PM
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to slimer

Have you sold the Jetta? If not, I suggest going to CarMax. They give some good deals for you.
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 06:22 AM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
slimer previously said: View Post
Have you sold the Jetta? If not, I suggest going to CarMax. They give some good deals for you.
No. I haven't really tried. I may put a "For Sale" sign in it just to see if anyone is interested. I tried Carmax. They only wanted to give me *black book* value (auction value). That's $9K. I did at least that good everywhere else. The blue book trade-in value for the car is $13K in good condition--mine is excellent with normal mileage. Carmax even had three on the lot (one sold) a year older with less options for $13K.

Anyway, my rule-of-thumb is to never sale a car for less than I can buy it back. It works, I haven't lost money on one yet. Sometimes it's not an option for people, but if it is, I strongly suggest selling your car yourself. If Carmax wants to make a buck, that's fine, but not $5K... and not on my dime.

Thanks for the suggestion, though. Right now I'm just using it as a daily driver to keep mileage down on other cars. And it gets 30+ MPG, so that isn't bad, either.

Insert Signature Here

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Dealer Negotiations/Test Driving

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in