Why do negotiations always take long? - Page 3 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Dealer Negotiations/Test Driving This area is for purchasing help, dealer negotations as well as test driving impressions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 08:58 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Re: Why do negotiations always take long?

Guy's I love everyone sharing their opinion's regarding us car dogs and there are sure some varied opinions. I think the tribeman has done a great job of describing my perspective on the business. I just two hours ago offered a local physician a Highlander limited, quoted purchase and lease at 3% over invoice (showed the guy the Vehicle inquiry, including the ship it rode in on) and was competing against an X3 and a CR-V or Pilot.

I quoted the deal at around $1200 profit (3% over) on say a $36,000 vehicle.

I do not feel this is an unreasonable profit level. If I sell this vehicle (ultimately) to this gentleman, my compenstion will be at most $324 (if I max out my comp percentage at 18 units) If I ultimately have to "give a vehicle away", I earn $75 for my time. $75.00, and that's against the minimum wage I'm "guaranteed" for just hangin out!

I am not naive enough to try to buy anything for less than a seller has invested in it, unless there is some reason for it, and most people will understand this and want to pay some profit if given an opportunity to deal with a professional that they have confidence in.

I let my customer walk away tonight at the offer I made to sell (with profit) upon initial contact. I am certain he knows his invoice, cap cost, what he has as a residual value, and why it is low relative to the one offered by BMW. Why let him run wild researching when I can help him research the true facts of his own deal on a real car.

He has a complete and total description of his deal in his hands. If I see him again, I want it to be short and sweet on the way to the business office.

I never wait on walk-up traffic and our internet department is not expected to. I feel those that still do it that way (waiting on walk-ups) are " bird hunting" and I'd rather sit at my desk "fishing" and make some good friends along the way and sell cars with some integrity, like a gentleman.

Love Ya Mean it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 09:03 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Re: Why do negotiations always take long?

Thats fair......I've worked a few of those but I think he should have taken the deal.........he'll be back.
I used to always be amazed at what people would walk away from even when I was givin them the world to make quota for comission.

Scotty V.
Breckenridge Colorado

A lot of kids tell me they want to be firefighters when they grow up.....I tell them they can't do both!!

Sun Fusion AT CQ UR#2 TRD Ex, Rack, yadda yadda yadda....

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Dealer Negotiations/Test Driving

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in