What a long strange trip. aka Midway Toyota in Pocomoke City Sucks - Page 2 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Dealer Negotiations/Test Driving This area is for purchasing help, dealer negotations as well as test driving impressions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 02:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Re: What a long strange trip....

Quote:
yoda previously said: View Post
Sorry to hear the bull you had to go through and i would report the dealership to toyota . Now that you have your fj a few of us are going wheeling next weekend if your intrested <> It should help you get the bad taste out of your mouth and meet some cool folks who love there fj.
Thanks for the offer. I saw the post and wanted to go but already had plans for that weekend. I will keep an eye out for other regional meets. As for the bad taste, that went away the moment I pulled off the lot with my FJ. Man, is it fun to drive!

Black Cherry 4x4 AT (CQ, UP1, GY, RB)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
JLam previously said: View Post
Maryland FJ,
You've got your car, right? No need to get the police involved. But definitely call Toyota's customer experience line (do a search for it) and let them know how dissatisfied you are.

Then post the name of the dealer you dealt with up here on the forums so we all know who not to do business with. Then forward the dealer a link to this thread so they can know that the days of trying to screw over customers have passed. Thanks to the internet, the dealers no longer have to have the upper hand.

Your FJ at the bottom of the ocean? That's the most outrageous one I've heard yet.

Thanks to everyone else for their advice. I'm new to the forums and wasn't sure if I could/should post the dealer's name here. If this isn't allowed, I apologize in advance to the mods.

The dealership was Midway Toyota in Pocomoke City, MD
midwaytoyota.com

The forums wouldn't let me post URL tags yet...

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 02:40 PM
Forum Veteran

I certainky agree with Jlam on this one. And don't forget to post the dealer that was honest and easy to deal with, because they certainly deserve a pat on the back after the experience you had. As far as reporting this nonsense, absolutely call the BBB , and Toyota National and regional offices, and if you really wanna stir it up, you could get everybody on here to call that sales manager and ask him about the rumors that a huge load of new toyota's are at the bottom of the pacific. If we all call him nonstop for a few days he would probably lose his mind, along with a very very full voicemail account. I am certainly game. I am willing because a few years ago I had the dealership named SAVANNAH TOYOTA try the same crap with me, when I test drove a new vehicle and decided I was going to keep looking and not "buy now", as I later learned the game was called. I let them test drive my car for trade in appraisal and of course, no one knew where my car keys were at. My jeep was sitting out front, plain as day but my keys were long gone, and the whole time they kept on with the buying pressure, until around 30-45 minutes later I finally called the Chatham County Sheriffs office and requested a deputy to assist me in the return of my keys. In the midst of the call a man came out of nowhere with my keys and asked me to leave immediately, as I was at that point very angry, and making a scene. 6 years later, Working for a large company here in town I have spoke with several people who have actually had the police arrive and resolve the missing car key issue with their friends, siblings, son and daughters, wives. This type of sh*t needs to be known by everyone. GET THE WORD OUT TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW. This is poor ethics, in your case and mine, luckily Savannah toyota is now suffering thanks to the other dealership, Chatham Parkway Toyota. On a side note I understand Savannah Toyota was refused the Lexus franchise due to poor customer service survey reports. So don't give up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
JLam previously said: View Post
Maryland FJ,
You've got your car, right? No need to get the police involved. But definitely call Toyota's customer experience line (do a search for it) and let them know how dissatisfied you are.

Then post the name of the dealer you dealt with up here on the forums so we all know who not to do business with. Then forward the dealer a link to this thread so they can know that the days of trying to screw over customers have passed. Thanks to the internet, the dealers no longer have to have the upper hand.

Your FJ at the bottom of the ocean? That's the most outrageous one I've heard yet.

I called and reported Midway to Toyota Customer Experience. The agent seemed pretty disturbed about it too and took extensive notes.

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 05:24 PM
Forum Master

Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
trainman0978 previously said: View Post
and if you really wanna stir it up, you could get everybody on here to call that sales manager and ask him about the rumors that a huge load of new toyota's are at the bottom of the pacific. If we all call him nonstop for a few days he would probably lose his mind, along with a very very full voicemail account. I am certainly game.
NOOOOO! Please don't engage in harrasment of people. If you decide to do that, please know that the mods and admins on this board do NOT, under ANY circumstances advocate harrassing people, despicable though they may be.

"Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit." -- Anthony Bourdain

Promote skepticism and critical thinking. www.randi.org

post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 07:10 PM
Forum Veteran

Re: What a long strange trip. aka Midway Toyota in Pocomoke City Sucks

darn it... alright we ( I ) won't. But is it really harassment or just being very childish and annoying, kinda like that gnat buzzing around your ear that just won't go away..
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 07:26 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

You got your FJ, you reported the offending dealer to Toyota...like water off a ducks back...just let it go now that you can relax and start enjoying your new FJ.

Oh yeah...don't forget to tell everyone you know where to shop and where not to shop for their next Toyota!!

Mike

1997 LX450 - Acquired 8/1/14
2014 Tundra SR5 Louisiana Edition - Acquired 12/21/13
1978 FJ40 LandCruiser - Hachi - Acquired 04/07/10
2007 2WD SUN FUSION FJ Cruiser - Acquired 07/03/06 - Sold 12/21/13
1977 FJ40 LandCruiser - Acquired 05/30/09 - Sold 04/07/10

post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 07:50 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Bang Bang previously said: View Post
You got your FJ, you reported the offending dealer to Toyota...like water off a ducks back...just let it go now that you can relax and start enjoying your new FJ.

Oh yeah...don't forget to tell everyone you know where to shop and where not to shop for their next Toyota!!

BTW the dealership that was very cool and finally ended up selling me my FJ was Neviaser Toyota of Easton Maryland.

Neviaser Toyota Scion of Easton, Easton, MD, 21601, Maryland, Camry, Prius, Tacoma, Corolla, repair auto parts

They made the experience very pleasant and now have a loyal customer.

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 10:30 AM
Forum Master

Lifetime Supporting Member

Make sure you forward this link to the orginal stealership so they know not to screw with their customers!

"Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit." -- Anthony Bourdain

Promote skepticism and critical thinking. www.randi.org

post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 10:41 AM
Forum Master

Too bad you did not buy from them. If you bash them on the survey they loose thier bonus. It is always nice to hit them in the wallet.

My dealer told me it would be hard to get the combo I ordered (base) and the whole allocation thing, but in the end he did order one for me, and I got it. Patience pays off, and it is just a greedy salesman that tries to change up and make money off you that soured your deal.

Hope you enjoy your new Toyota, and have many good stories to offset this nightmare.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Dealer Negotiations/Test Driving

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in