So, what is everyone paying for their 2012's? - Page 3 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Dealer Negotiations/Test Driving This area is for purchasing help, dealer negotations as well as test driving impressions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 10:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: So, what is everyone paying for their 2012's?

Paid 28K for a 2011 Iceberg two weeks ago. It was new but a dealer demo...had 1500 miles on it. I believe it was a good deal. I got the extended warranty, bumper to bumper 6 years or 100K miles, for $800. The extended warranty price started much higher, but I kept saying "no I didn't want it" and they kept coming down on the price. Once I realized it was less than $15 per payment I gave in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 01:24 PM

PM with the options your wanting and I'll hook you up Adventure. I'm a easy guy to deal with. Not to mention i own a FJ and would love to have another one in town.
post #23 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011, 10:40 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I just picked up my 2012 Iceberg FJ 4x4 with Conveniences Package with the Offroad package for 29,500. The dealer didn't have the color I wanted, but got me one within 2 days. I think the key of getting a good price is doing your homework and shop around. Plus it helps to have a friend that works at Toyota, so I got $3000 off msrp, which is about $500 under their invoice. Check out Edmunds.com and see what the market value is around your area. According to the website, my vehicle average market value was around 31,000, which was what another dealer was trying to sell it to me for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011, 04:22 PM

Send a message via AIM to Orion Antares

Quote:
redhorizons previously said: View Post
Paid 28K for a 2011 Iceberg two weeks ago. It was new but a dealer demo...had 1500 miles on it. I believe it was a good deal. I got the extended warranty, bumper to bumper 6 years or 100K miles, for $800. The extended warranty price started much higher, but I kept saying "no I didn't want it" and they kept coming down on the price. Once I realized it was less than $15 per payment I gave in.
What packages did it have?
post #25 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-13-2011, 12:44 PM

This past Saturday I bought a Desert Sand 2012 4x4 conv. package, off-road package and some other worthless package that included floor mats and emergency kit. Got if for $3K off Msrp. I have been lurking here for over a year, and thanks to this site I knew I could get it for $3K off Msrp. Love the truck and worth the 1+ year wait!
post #26 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-13-2011, 02:38 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

So what are you guys paying for the 2012's I know you are quoting $3,000 off MSRP, but what is that price out the door? Thanks
post #27 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-13-2011, 02:57 PM
Forum Regular

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

sometimes you can do all your haggling from the comfort of your computer keyboard. most dealers have an on-line inventory and some kind of internet sales team. you can contact many of them in your region and start collecting quotes until you get the deal you want. I live in Texas, but saved about $3k and found my deal at a dealership near Kansas city!
Even better; once i had the price nailed down, i flew up there, the salesman picked me up at the airport, we signed paperwork, then i had a nice long drive in my new FJ back home.

2011 Army Green Pkg 3; Traded in 2013 For a T4R
but like to come back for a visit....

post #28 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-13-2011, 05:40 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

So what are you guys paying? Is it $26,000? $28,000? $30,000? $33,000? I understand it is $3,000 off MSRP, but what are you seeing as your final out the door price. A 2012 with the off road package and convenience package is selling for X? Can one be bought for $28,000 or less? Are you seeing them sell more along the lines of $30,000 or more? Thanks for your honesty.

Last edited by Fuz16; 12-13-2011 at 05:43 PM.
post #29 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 09:56 PM

OTD? Varies by state. It's pretty basic. I paid $3K below MSRP. So, MSRP was 35,151, with Off-Road, Upgrade, and Conv. Pkgs. OTD varies by state taxes and DMV fees.

2012 Quicksand, Off Road Pkg, Conv Pkg, Upgrade Pkg.
post #30 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 10:35 PM

Just a rule of thumb, shoot for 10% off MSRP (2nd sticker) you save a few thousand and they make some money. Dealers also get incentives from corporate which increases the wiggle, but you gotta do research to find the info.
Tax is not negotiable(9.5% +/- here)
License / Tabs also not negotiable. Vary by state, county.
In WA your trade in value comes off the taxable cost of the new vehicle.
Extended warranty can alter OTD cost. $0 for no extended. Ive heard the same 7yr 100,000 mile warranty can go from $1200 to $2000. Cant verify, didnt buy it. Point is that it's negotiable. You have to research that.
Loan interest is slightly negotiable, but it helps to be pre-approved from your bank, or better yet Credit Union before you start negotiations. If dealer says they'll finance 6% and you're pre-approved for 2.5% well you get the picture.
Anyway hunted for what I wanted, called the dealers(6) told em what I would pay, got a variety of responses and found two dealerships happy to sell at my price, and chose one.

2010 convenience / Upgrade 2
Iceberg Warm White (Its Freakin white)
Cooper STT 285 70 17

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Dealer Negotiations/Test Driving

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in