To those that ordered....negotiable? - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Dealer Negotiations/Test Driving This area is for purchasing help, dealer negotations as well as test driving impressions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
To those that ordered....negotiable?

From what I understand, its alot easier to bargain or get one well below msrp if the FJ has been sitting on the lot, or is currently on the lot (dealers wanting to get rid of it to clear space for newer ones etc.). Has anyone ordered their FJ (ofcourse the penalty is waiting. ) and got lower than msrp?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 11:56 AM
Forum Regular

Re: To those that ordered....negotiable?

Quote:
REDLINE previously said: View Post
From what I understand, its alot easier to bargain or get one well below msrp if the FJ has been sitting on the lot, or is currently on the lot (dealers wanting to get rid of it to clear space for newer ones etc.). Has anyone ordered their FJ (ofcourse the penalty is waiting. ) and got lower than msrp?
I have one I can order for 1800 under MSRP
here in the Northeast...(4-6 week wait....yuck)

I am waiting to hear from a dealer
who claims he has the same one on his lot.
And he would go lower than that. He's supposed to call

Let the games begin!
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 12:00 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member

I ordered an FJ but I still have 6-8 weeks left. As far as the price goes the dealer and my self have not yet talked about the price. I will be happy with MSRP because it will still be cheaper then what most have been paying for there loaded FJ's. But If I can get under MSRP I wont complane.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 12:10 PM
Forum Veteran

Quote:
jeshua previously said: View Post
I ordered an FJ but I still have 6-8 weeks left. As far as the price goes the dealer and my self have not yet talked about the price. I will be happy with MSRP because it will still be cheaper then what most have been paying for there loaded FJ's. But If I can get under MSRP I wont complane.
I'm in this boat as well. When I first talked to them about ordering (in April), he said it would be at MSRP, which was $2k less than what he currently had on the lot. But then I didn't order for a couple months after that (August), and my order has taken several months and he now has several sitting on the lot, so I will be curious to see where the price goes. In fact, last week he asked me for recommendations for mod'n one out to see if it would sell.

As I am ordering through a firend, I know that I will do alright, but I may just try to work out options for getting my (growing) list of aftermarket parts installed by them, especially the lift.

FJ Cruiser 4703, UP1 CQ & GY, 2Q, Gobi Stealth, PIAA lights, Donahoe front and rear lift, AR Victor Teflon Wheels, 285/70R17 Hankook MT's, Demello sliders, Exp-One bumper, Superwinch 9000 w/ synthetic

WISH LIST - Aux. Fuel Tank, Dual Battery

Pub for wife's store - http://www.vino100-reno.com/
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 01:20 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)

I ordered on June 3 from the dealer, but dealer didn't order from Toyota until August 17 (long story), and it finally was delivered on October 12. Why did I hang on? Because I ordered my FJ Cruiser as I wanted it, Silver 4x4 AT with CQ and DL factory options and port installed roof rack, wheel locks, security system, and tow hitch. Also, the agreed to price was $882 under MSRP at the time, but I ended up getting it at $1122 under because the base price increased $200 on September 2 and the freight increased $40, which I didn't have to pay.

I made some other modications, mostly purchases through TRDsource.com, a supporting vendor. ATRAC switch, TRD 16" wheels and 265/75R16 Bridgestone Revo tires, all weather mats, old school badge, rear door storage, cargo net, FJ key chain, and rear window swivel hook. To come - Bandi mount with BigBill CB install, extended sliders, Stant 11504 locking gas cap, and old school horns.

“Kansas Law Dog” for admiration of “Tombstone”, the movie, and the legend of Wyatt Earp.

2007 Titanium 4x4 Automatic (stock except non-factory rock rails)
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 01:37 PM
Forum Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to just_in_time_mo

I didn't order but bought mine from Toyota of Des Moines from their list of FJ's they had on order. I traded and negotiated, ended up that I got more in trade than what I had gave for the trade in six months before and another grand off. I figured I got around 1500 or more off sticker total. My experience with others is that if you order you can still get the same deal as on the lot, sometimes better even cause you get what you want and don't have to pay for something you wouldn't have ordered, put two neighboring dealers up against one another or three even.

Good luck!

'07 Black Cherry, AT, All Options, Nitto Terra Grappler's, Rock Rails, Roof Rack, Skid, Manik Guard (here),
Hella Black Magic's (here), Visor Shelf (here), Overhead CB (here), License Plate LED (Scrolling FJCRUISERFORUMS.com of course).
TLCA #16717 -- All my BC Toys!

"If you stop learning, you DIE!" ---- "Get a life worth living! Romans 12:1-8"
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Thanks guys! Time to order one! Yee-haaaaww!
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 04:17 PM
Forum Regular

KLD......what's the "old school " horn ? ....TX
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 04:44 PM
Forum Master

Lifetime Supporting Member

i ordered my fj and we had the price set before i placed a $500 deposit.i got it for $1000 off sticker and the dealer didn't add any accesories.i got it exactly as i wanted(4x4 auto,cq,dl,sun fusion).
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 04:51 PM

the dealer here in rhode island tarbox toyota has 7 fjs in all the colors on the lot nov.2.2006

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Dealer Negotiations/Test Driving

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in