Went for a test drive... didn't like it as much as I'd hoped for - Page 11 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Dealer Negotiations/Test Driving This area is for purchasing help, dealer negotations as well as test driving impressions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 106 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 12:04 AM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Went for a test drive... didn't like it as much as I'd hoped for

Got Muck???????????????[/QUOTE]

Now that's a T-shirt I'd buy
instead of these:

http://www.cruiserland.com/newitems.htm

There is always more misery among the lower classes than there is humanity in the higher. - Victor Hugo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 106 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 12:31 PM
Forum Superstar

Quote:
Lil Stinky previously said:
I guess you have selective reading skills(I would agree that I'm getting less thrilled with the FJ as time goes on so be happy because I'm at the point of moving on to a Jeep, Tahoe or 2007 Tundra). By the way... my folks 2005 4X4 Z71 Tahoe drives nice and straight.

OK you are truely retarded man. You quoted a thread about you complaining a lot and rarely having anything positve about the FJ to say. You then followed it up with more complaining. This is getting old. Here are the facts.....

YOU ARE RIGHT about the few complaints you have about the FJ. IT IS NOT perfect. No vehicle is. All vehicles have Good and Bad points. These vary from person to person for various personal & sometimes illogical reasons. is the FJ still worth buying and enjoying. Many say YES resoundingly.

People are only jumping on you b/c you rarely have anything positive to say, just mostly complaints. Don't get heated and base you buying of an FJ on what people here have to say. Buy it only if you want it or if it makes you happy. It's not perfect. Please deal with that fact. Life isn't perfect. Sometimes we just have to look beyond the small stuff and enjoy what we have. As you get older and run out of time, you WILL learn this precious piece of advice.

I hope you get the FJ, because I believe it is a much better vehicle than the jeep despite the FJ's few warts.

If you decide on the JEEP, you can save $ because there are always many in the paper and auto trader. I suspect if you do, you will be spending more time griping on the JEEP forum than you do here. They may not be so kind tho. Good luck. Again, you're points are valid, it's just people get tired of hearing the same negative stuff. You have to learn how to balance it out with some positive. See how my post is balanced? much easier to swallow.
post #103 of 106 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 12:37 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Jeep or Tahoe---LOL
I think GM will be in bankruptcy in a couple years the way things are going for them---Toyota has replaced them in sales way long time ago...
I think Consumer Reports would echo my sentiment about Jeep and GM's offerings.
Stock Jeeps are a troublesome lot---The Liberty is a total heep

You could join a Jeep forum...

2008FJ, AT, Black, Walker Evans adjustable remote front coilovers, UniBall UCA's, roof rack light bar, in-bumper Piaa fogs courtesy of SwissarmySUV's mount kit, factory type switches for lights sourced from other Toyotas, additional tranny cooler, inline Magnatech tranny and power steering filters, TRD cold air intake and oil fill cap, Pentosin engine oil & Mobil-1 filter, Flowmaster muffler, LED footwell lights and overhead LED maplight console, Kenwood DNX5120 head unit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #104 of 106 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 07:37 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Tranman previously said:
OK you are truely retarded man. You quoted a thread about you complaining a lot and rarely having anything positve about the FJ to say. You then followed it up with more complaining. This is getting old. Here are the facts.....

YOU ARE RIGHT about the few complaints you have about the FJ. IT IS NOT perfect. No vehicle is. All vehicles have Good and Bad points. These vary from person to person for various personal & sometimes illogical reasons. is the FJ still worth buying and enjoying. Many say YES resoundingly.

People are only jumping on you b/c you rarely have anything positive to say, just mostly complaints. Don't get heated and base you buying of an FJ on what people here have to say. Buy it only if you want it or if it makes you happy. It's not perfect. Please deal with that fact. Life isn't perfect. Sometimes we just have to look beyond the small stuff and enjoy what we have. As you get older and run out of time, you WILL learn this precious piece of advice.

I hope you get the FJ, because I believe it is a much better vehicle than the jeep despite the FJ's few warts.

If you decide on the JEEP, you can save $ because there are always many in the paper and auto trader. I suspect if you do, you will be spending more time griping on the JEEP forum than you do here. They may not be so kind tho. Good luck. Again, you're points are valid, it's just people get tired of hearing the same negative stuff. You have to learn how to balance it out with some positive. See how my post is balanced? much easier to swallow.

Name calling shows exactly where you are coming from. I test drove a manual trans model and simply said I didn't like it as much as I'd hoped I would like it and gave the reasons why. Several people agreed with me and several people stressed out and had to call me names and have hissy fits because I dared to say something that wasn't all wine and roses for the FJ. Later in the thread and also in other threads I mentioned the simple fact that I'd driven a automatic model and liked it(oh no say it aint so). I mentioned that I still had a few reservations like the gas mileage but that the things I liked far out stripped the things I didn't like. I then stated that the only reason I didn't leave the dealership with the automatic model was because the dealer was trying to screw me on my trade in and they were trying to add a huge mva to the FJ. After thinking about things for a couple of days and the price of gas going through the roof I decided to take a wait and see attitude. I then noticed threads popping up for both the steering and the clutch engagement. I also noticed that the people who jumped me for simply speaking the truth about my impressions were not jumping the guys in these new threads because low and behold these were real problems. Forums like this are the place to discuss things you like and things you don't like about the vehicle.... end of story. I mentioned both and got jumped for mentioning things I didn't like. I have no desire to spend time with guys who can't handle a few reservations about their beloved vehicles and who result to name calling when somebody mentions a few reservations. I'm sure the thought police will enjoy that I'm leaving and all I can say is BUH-BYE!!

PS: Don't hate on the Tahoe just because it drives nice and please understand that when GM goes under our economy will most likely enter into a depression with a major recession being a sure bet. I already belong to a Jeep forum where people act like grown ups.
post #105 of 106 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 07:47 AM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Lil Stinky previously said:
... I'm leaving and all I can say is BUH-BYE!!

PS: Don't hate on the Tahoe just because it drives nice and please understand that when GM goes under our economy will most likely enter into a depression with a major recession being a sure bet. I already belong to a Jeep forum where people act like grown ups.

Tah-Taaa......Smells better already.
post #106 of 106 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 12:50 AM
Forum Superstar

Good luck dude, I'm not sure you were really contributing much anyway. You missed my point entirely. You only focused on the only negative part of my thread. Calling you retarded. Did you get any of the other points i made? You are right, FJ not perfect, I hope you choose the FJ, Good luck, your points are valid, etc.

Last edited by Tranman; 05-02-2006 at 12:53 AM.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Dealer Negotiations/Test Driving

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in