My incoming base FJ 4WD 6-speed is available - Page 2 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Dealer Negotiations/Test Driving This area is for purchasing help, dealer negotations as well as test driving impressions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 05:00 PM
fka JimmyHoops

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: My incoming base FJ 4WD 6-speed is available

Quote:
mini2nut previously said:
NO DEPOSIT!!! I was the first customer to place an order in October of 2005. Salesman placed order with zero deposit. Nothing in it for me, just trying to help out an FJCRUISER forum member if possible! About that FJ model they send all buyers...
Well, that's different! Then in that case, you should be commended for going the distance for trying to hook someone up with a base FJ. My hat's off to you!

Since you have put it "out there" I would consider your duties done! If someone bites then so be it...otherwise, it is the dealer's problem. That is, afterall, thier job...and they get paid hansomely to do it!

Have a question & need an answer? Do an "Advanced Search" and ye shall find: https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...n-dummies.html

'07 FJ, VooDoo Blue, M/T6...mostly stock but beginning its metamorphosis into a expedition worthy rig.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 05:21 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

FYI, for the east coasters, there is the same thing sitting on a dealer showroom in MD. I'll shoot you the details of the dealer, just send me a PM.

/Silver with Option Group B maybe be available in 3 weeks as well if I bail on mine.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

My "strip O" ordered FJ Arrived today! My salesman called me today, April 26, at 8:30am saying it's finally here. Even though I was not going to purchase it, I had to check it out.

I arrived around 10:30am and spotted it in front of the dealership a mile away! Solar Fusion is one bright color, but looked better than silver, maroon, or black. I expected more of a mustard yellow color like the old FJ40's, but I really like the Voodoo Blue on the FJ much better. I still can't believe Toyota does offer the FJ in white or tan. It would look awesome in those colors.

I walked up to the MSRP sticker and it arrived EXACTLY as ordered. 4WD 6-speed base with floor mats as the only option. It stickered for about $23,675with the destination fee tacked on. The salesman asked if I would care to take it for a spin since I have been waiting for 5 months, and I said yes!

The truck drove way smoother driving than expected, and it felt really solid and substantial. This would make an excellent commuter vehicle, so I see why many buyers are opting for the 22mpg 2WD model. I was expecting the tranny to be a little smoother shifting than it was, but still very acceptable for a manual transmission. The fit and finish was outstanding. No panel gaps anywhere to be found, and Toyota even sprayed the inner fenders with some type of black sound deadening/rust preventive coating. Very impressive.

It seemed that every driver on the road was staring at me while I was driving. Being a new model on the street AND solar yellow in color was an attention getter.

What did I not like? Not much. I didn't care for the tailgate/rear window arrangement one bit. I think the old FJ40 "barn doors" with fixed glass would have been a better design. The passenger side blind spots were very annoying. Without a round "blind spot" mirror installed on the outside passenger mirror, an auto parts store should be the first stop on the way home for any new FJC owner. The color matched dash looked a bit cartoonish. That's my small list.

Toyota did an excellent job designing and assembling this compact SUV. They will sell every one they build. My salesman was very cool and said my declined FJ build would be sold by the end of the day! Many customers are inquiring about models priced in the $25K range and are declining purchasing the $31K loaded models.

I see why members are crazy about the FJ Cruiser SUV. For those who are still waiting for your ordered FJ to arrive, be patient. I can assure you it will be worth the wait. If I was not such a practical vehicle buyer (no Home Depot truck bed on an SUV) I would have purchased the FJ in a heartbeat. Honey, you know that third vehicle we have been talking about...

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Dealer Negotiations/Test Driving

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in