My Reality Checked - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Dealer Negotiations/Test Driving This area is for purchasing help, dealer negotations as well as test driving impressions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
My Reality Checked

I went today and looked at my 3rd FJ, and I've decided to pass for now. I've driven both the MT and the AT. Part of it is the overall styling, a little too much "look at me" factor, plus I'm starting to wane on the design. I'm a little concerned that in 3-4 years, its going to look very dated.

Pricing was also a big factor for me, everything coming in for the next 2-3 months seems to be fully loaded, and coming in around 32k. For 5k more, I can be in a Sequoia, with leather, sunroof, and usable seating for 8. For what I need the vehicle for (driving on the beaches of the Outer Banks, and taking the logging road to the cabin in WV), the Sequoia is just as capable, and a heck of a lot more comfortable.

Ive got the Def. 110 if I want to go play in the rough stuff, so for now, I'm going to pass, let the demand slow down, and revist the whole FJ thing in the Fall.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 06:40 PM

Re: My Reality Checked

Quote:
6Pins previously said:
I went today and looked at my 3rd FJ, and I've decided to pass for now. I've driven both the MT and the AT. Part of it is the overall styling, a little too much "look at me" factor, plus I'm starting to wane on the design. I'm a little concerned that in 3-4 years, its going to look very dated.

Pricing was also a big factor for me, everything coming in for the next 2-3 months seems to be fully loaded, and coming in around 32k. For 5k more, I can be in a Sequoia, with leather, sunroof, and usable seating for 8. For what I need the vehicle for (driving on the beaches of the Outer Banks, and taking the logging road to the cabin in WV), the Sequoia is just as capable, and a heck of a lot more comfortable.

Ive got the Def. 110 if I want to go play in the rough stuff, so for now, I'm going to pass, let the demand slow down, and revist the whole FJ thing in the Fall.
Well WTF over........Enjoy your summer I'm in the same boat as you waiting for all the hub bub to die down or the soccer mom's to bail whichever comes first.That being said if they release the SE/Maob/TRD or whatever they end up calling it in Sema Green I will Reconsider????
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 07:45 PM

Who the hell keeps a car longer than 3 to 4 years anyway?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 08:05 PM
Forum Veteran

If you have a 110, why the hell do you need an FJ?
My brother has 110 and I love it.

Cruiserdude..
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 08:26 PM
Banned

It's interesting to experience how different we all are in regards to 'pulling the trigger' on what (for many of us) is a fairly large investment. I was lucky to ride in one the day they first showed up in town and my wife (who I could not picture in this vehicle for a second) was all for borrowing the money/signing the papers right away after only sitting in one a few hours earlier.

Again, it's great to have this forum and experience so many ways of looking at what has (for us) became a kind of life-changing 'out of the blue' driving decision.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 08:28 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Bostonian1976
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
Kzoocruiser previously said:
It's interesting to experience how different we all are in regards to 'pulling the trigger' on what (for many of us) is a fairly large investment. I was lucky to ride in one the day they first showed up in town and my wife (who I could not picture in this vehicle for a second) was all for borrowing the money/signing the papers right away after only sitting in one a few hours earlier.

Again, it's great to have this forum and experience so many ways of looking at what has (for us) became a kind of life-changing 'out of the blue' driving decision.

well said. I can't think of too many cars/trucks in the last ten years that have had this sort of unique appeal........even if I try to think outside the box in terms of cars I would not be interested in....
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 09:39 PM

Quote:
6Pins previously said:

Nice use of the word "wane".
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 09:43 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
oldawg previously said:
Well WTF over........Enjoy your summer I'm in the same boat as you waiting for all the hub bub to die down or the soccer mom's to bail whichever comes first.That being said if they release the SE/Maob/TRD or whatever they end up calling it in Sema Green I will Reconsider????
dude. you have what, 1000+ posts? you are going to buy one. stop acting like you dont know yet. you're only lying to yourself. it's not your fault. IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT!!!!!
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 09:48 PM

Quote:
caliFJ previously said:
dude. you have what, 1000+ posts? you are going to buy one. stop acting like you dont know yet. you're only lying to yourself. it's not your fault. IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT!!!!!
I can wait...I can wait...I can wait...I wake up every day chanting this....Actually I am surprised I have held out this long, I can wait...I can wait...
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 10:16 PM
Forum Veteran

Quote:
6Pins previously said:
Pricing was also a big factor for me, everything coming in for the next 2-3 months seems to be fully loaded, and coming in around 32k.
A good dealer can and will find one preferenced how you want. I am dead set on getting one with no port options. I will add what I want, when I want and save $$ in the process. With no port options, CQ and UP1 only will put you right about $28K.
Quote:
Part of it is the overall styling, a little too much "look at me" factor, plus I'm starting to wane on the design. I'm a little concerned that in 3-4 years, its going to look very dated.
I've been seeing hundreds of FJ's for a couple of months now, I too went back and forth from "these look cool" to "getting kind of tired of looking at them". In the end, I'm getting one. Hopefully your waiting will pay off.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Dealer Negotiations/Test Driving

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in