my experience - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Dealer Negotiations/Test Driving This area is for purchasing help, dealer negotations as well as test driving impressions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-20-2006, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
my experience

I had nothing to do today (got a call that my old truck sold) so I called the dealer and he said come on over we have two. When I got there nobody wanted to help me so I checked out the one out front. It was silver MT with running boards, convenience package, roof rack, and spare tire cover. Turns out it was sold (I'm sure for a fortune) so I finally got somebody talk to me and he said they had a blue one so we walked the entire dealership and didn't find it. He went to the sales manager, turns out they had did a trade with another lot. He asked me to sit down and wanted me to give him all my personal details and btw they are going for $1000 over MSRP because that's what everybody's charging. I said I didn't have time to take a bunch of salemen calling me and would just drop by from time to time to see if they have one to show.

Oh I did have time to check out the Honda Fit. Cute as a button. You could sleep in that.

Last edited by brambling; 04-20-2006 at 11:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 01:11 AM
Forum Superstar

Re: my experience

Wow. your experience is definitely unique. Sold your old truck 1st. Nothing to do so you called the dealership and they had 2. Selling at $1000 above MSRP.

Me. I've been casing the toyo lots for 2-3wks. Name on 2 lists with 1 refundable deposit. Been calling them instead of them calling me. Bought before I sold my truck and got a 2nd color choice, but mostly options I wanted at MSRP.

What is an Honda fit?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 09:04 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

The Fit is a 1.5cyl 4 door hatchback. It has flat folding rear seats. Really flat! I would get it to replace my daily driver. I won't commute every day in a truck that gets 19mpg on premium gas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 09:22 AM
Forum Regular

This is a honda fit - and a honda fit in an H3 sandwich. I'm not sure why one in the market for an FJ Cruiser would consider getting the Honda -- 2 completely different vehicles
Attached Images

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

I would like to replace my car and my truck...not sure which I will do first.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 08:11 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
brambling previously said:
The Fit is a 1.5cyl 4 door hatchback. It has flat folding rear seats. Really flat! I would get it to replace my daily driver. I won't commute every day in a truck that gets 19mpg on premium gas.

This is random---I don't have a clue what you are saying, try as I might.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

I would not buy the FJ as a daily driver. The gas mileage is poor compared to my car. I would get an FJ to replace my truck.

In other news, my brother test drove an FJ in MD. He really liked it, said he preferred it over a Range Rover Discovery. He did say the FJ's visibility was poor, like a tank.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Dealer Negotiations/Test Driving

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in