Future FJ Cruiser Buyers Only - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Dealer Negotiations/Test Driving This area is for purchasing help, dealer negotations as well as test driving impressions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Future FJ Cruiser Buyers Only

This spreadsheet is for people, like myself, who haven’t purchased an FJ Cruiser yet. It is a pricing program that lets you select the options you desire and compare to the dealer’s invoice price. Furthermore, there is a bottom section that allows the buyers willing to perform installation of options normally added at port to compare TRD prices (from trdsource.com – price includes estimated S&H) to the MSRP price in the window sticker.

FJ-Pricing-Jan07.ZIP

The spreadsheet has a Database Section and a Pseudo Bill of Sale section. This is how it works:

1. Database section (cells H1:N65) contains option information [code (column “I”), description (column “J”), MSRP (column “K”) and invoice (column “L”)] from Toyota and TRD information [price (column “M”) and part number/comment (column “N”)]. Prices are subject to change, so the users of the spreadsheet should verify pricing is still current at time of use. The prices in blue are correct as of April 21 to the best of my knowledge. The prices and items in red are guess and hopes for future options. I have added a couple fun things, different colors and sunroof, to let people play with this spreadsheet. Note that column “H” works best if left in ascending order, because left side of program uses these number to perform lookup function.
2. Pseudo Bill of Sale Section (cells A1:G65) is he page I intend to keep in my back pocket when negotiating the deal. This section is further segmented into the following parts:
 Vehicle Selection – enter in cell “B6” a number between 1 and 3 to get the base model of your choice, enter in cell “B7” a number between 11 and 15 to select the current color offering of your choice. The dealer destination and FE are automatically listed. If at some point Toyota changes the pricing, go to the right section of the spreadsheet and update.
 Factory Installed Options – enter in cell “B12” a number between 81 and 92 to select the options that are factory installed. There are five rows for factory options, so you can enter up to 5 different numbers in cells “B12” through “B16”.
 Port or Dealer Installed Options – this works the same way as Factory options except the numbers to use are between 101 and 139. If you intend to install any option yourself do not enter it in this section. The are 10 rows for PIO or DIO. Remember you need only to enter the appropriate number in column “B.”
 Dealer Charges and Taxes – cell “E31” is where you enter the document processing fee the dealer charges (if any), cell “E32” is where you enter the cost for extended warranty (7 year – 100K) and cell “F32” is where you enter the dealers cost for extended warranty (which I don’t know, but think it must be $800 or $900). Now row “33” is kind of important because the difference between column “E” and “F” is what the dealer stands to make on the deal. (Baldy and RoverGGM will comment on this I’m sure) Now to finish this segment add the cost of licenses in cell “E34” and the tax rate in cell “C35”. The figure in cell “E36” is the amount you are obligated to pay in order to drive it home.
 Options Buyer Installed – enter the options you intend to install yourself in this segment, there are 10 rows for numbers to be entered. Column “F” shows your savings to MSRP for each item. TRDsource has changed prices a little since kickoff on March 27. The rock rail prices has increase and the roof rack is not on the list anymore.
 The real cost to the buyer is found in cell “E53”. The notes in rows 56 thru 65 are things to remind yourself when making the deal.
Set your printer to print the range “A1:G65” and take this with you to bargain. If you want another option and cannot remember pricing, the typical amount of Invoice is 70% of MSRP. For example you go to the dealer with this sheet and found one you liked with a tow hitch, but it wasn’t on the Pseudo Bill of Sales sheet, just remember that the $350 option costs the dealer about 70% or $225 (actually $240 but close enough for approximation).

4/4/07 Edit - Invoice pricing for options and accessories are difficult to verify, but I think this is correct. Two base price increases ($200 each time) have occured since last summer.

“Kansas Law Dog” for admiration of “Tombstone”, the movie, and the legend of Wyatt Earp.

2007 Titanium 4x4 Automatic (stock except non-factory rock rails)

Last edited by Kansas Law Dog; 04-04-2007 at 08:11 AM. Reason: Installed Later Version of Pricing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 10:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Future FJ Cruiser Buyers Only

Holy crap... nice work KLD. I'm just now playing with sheet and it looks pretty comprehensive and intuitive.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

It has been pointed out to me that "install your own parts" might be available for less than the TRD prices posted in the right side of the spreadsheet. I welcome anyone to download the Excel file on to your computer and maintain pricing and options so this works for you. You can change any information in blue or red print. BTW the spreadsheet is protection so you don't inadvertantly enter a number in the wrong place, but this feature can be turned off by Tools, Protection, Unprotect Worksheet. Then you can modify any of this spreadsheet.

“Kansas Law Dog” for admiration of “Tombstone”, the movie, and the legend of Wyatt Earp.

2007 Titanium 4x4 Automatic (stock except non-factory rock rails)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 09:42 PM
Forum Master

Law Dog;
What a great spreadsheet! My FJ will be here in 3 weeks so this will really help me out. Have you thought about putting this on a Sticky under Dealer Negotiations so all the other folks that could use this will see it?
UDAMAN!
Brian
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 10:33 PM
Forum Master

KLD I love(of course a manly man madango MT sort of way) but your causing my ADD to kick in.

Now if you give us a word problem about an FJ leaving Boston at 70 mile and hour, and another travaling East from Lawerence KS, going 65 miles hours....my head is going to explode.. Buy an FJ and go wheeling with us, I think you need a another hobby

"Correct spelling, indeed, is one of the arts that are far more esteemed by schoolma'ams than by practical men, neck-deep in the heat and agony of the world." - Henry Louis Mencken, The American Language

http://newwestrecords.com/dbt - Music that Matters

post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 07:56 PM

Why not just go to kbb.com??? Price out about any option, what invoice is versus retail, contains, regional fees etc.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 05:02 PM
Forum Regular

Thanks for this spreadsheet KLD. I just downloaded it to my PDA and it is a great reference to have with me. Very useful if I want to check the actual cost of options and stuff while at the dealership. Thanks again!!!

Krash
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 07:10 PM
fish_antlers

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)

thanks.. I wish I could use that.. in my neck of the woods dealers have implemented what they call "access pricing"... more accurately termed "f$ck off and pay msrp" for ALL toyotas.

it sucks.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 07:19 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member

Depending where your neck of woods is...
In Canada, from what i heard, access pricing doesnt mean MSRP anymore. It used to be a while back...
Now, you are able to 'wheel and deal' for lower price and accessories..
That's what i heard from a very 'trusting' source
The only reason (IMO) that no dealer would deal or say it is "Access Toyota Pricing" is just souly because it is still a very HOT commodity at this time!

07 Black Diamond MT6, 'A'-PKG.

Last edited by gj07fjc; 05-28-2006 at 07:24 PM.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 08:37 PM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

I am soooo glad I didn't post MY spreadsheet. Thanks KLD this is great work.

It is not the size of the man's truck but what it can do!

TLCA #8867
Gwagg
2007 FJ - Voodoo Blue, Atrac, Demello flat top, Smittybilt X20 winch, ECGS built Nitro 4.56 gears, Radflo 2.5 front coilovers, Metal Tech Long Travel rears, MT rear LCA, 315X17 Hankook Dynapro Mud Tires on BBS rims all protected by Budbuilt
FLCA

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Dealer Negotiations/Test Driving

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in